Walt Disney World is one of, if not the, best place to make magical memories! There are so many places, events and attractions that can make wonderful memories for your family and friends. Listed below are the 8 Best Memories to make at Disney:
8. Watch a parade: Parades are one of the best parts of feeling like you are in a magical world at the Disney parks! You can use FastPass+ to get a great front row seat for a parade like the Disney Festival Of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom. This parade is an amazing display of so many of your favorite Disney characters and other cast members and is only performed once a day. There are other parades too, like the Main Street Electrical Parade or the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street party. Watching a parade is a wonderful time to get great pictures, and spend quality time with your family and friends and make a magical memory.
7. Meet your favorite characters: For the young, the young at heart or any Disney fan, meeting your favorite Disney characters is one the best memories you can make at any Disney park. Using the My Disney Experience app you can locate where different characters are in the park and what times they will be out to meet and greet. Meeting characters and interacting with them is really one of the best memories to make. Consider getting an autograph book and spend part of your trip getting autographs from the different characters, this is especially popular with younger children. Some of the more popular characters even have Fast Passes you can get to help save on time. Every character you meet will give you a new interaction and leave you smiling with a great memory.
6. Wake up early and see the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show: Did you know every morning the Magic Kingdom has a 10-minute opening ceremony? The ceremony begins 10 minutes before the park opens, so you’ll want to time your arrival accordingly. We don’t want to give too much away, but trust us this is one ceremony you won’t want to miss. This special event was a must for the list of the best memories to make at Disney World.
5. Watch fireworks from the water: This is a treat that not all Disney goers learn about. There are several ways you can watch the nighttime fireworks from the different parks. Some ways are to contact a Disney resort and make arrangements that way. Disney fireworks are a wonderful memory to make at each park. Enjoying the fireworks from a boat on the water makes it an even better memory!
4. Share a Dole Whip: Dole whip is a wonderful Magic Kingdom memory that is a delicious treat to share with your family and friends. Dole Whip and Dole Whip floats are sold near the Magic Carpets in Adventureland, Magic Kingdom. This special pineapple frozen treat is a classic that is sure to be one of your best memories from the parks. Memories can also be made from other special treats at Walt Disney World check out this article to see what other options are available that we love!
3. Commemorate your trip with matching Disney buttons: Disney offers free buttons to all guests! Buttons are available for letting everyone know what you are at the park celebrating. They are buttons for birthdays (that can be customized by cast members), 1st visit to Disney World, Anniversaries, Engagements and more. Disney Recognition buttons make great memories, not only are they a free souvenir and you will be recognized by cast members during the park!
2. Be brave and get involved with a live show: There are several live shows at each Disney park. When they ask for volunteers make a fuss and get chosen as an extra! The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios uses many extras from the audience that get to come on stage, act, and interact with the actors, even Indiana Jones himself! This live show and many others at the parks make great memories, being involved in one, or seeing a family member makes this a must have memory from the Disney parks.
1. Close the park down: Take a day and pick your favorite park and close it down! You can take advantage of Extra Magic hours and stay way past your usual bedtime. Being at a Disney Park at night is a great memory to make. The parks really transform at night, the lighting can really give you a whole new perspective and make familiar places feel like a new adventure. Your favorite rides will take on a whole new feel, most rides will even have much lower wait times. Closing down a park until they ask you to leave is definitely one of the best memories to make.
There are so many memories to make at the Walt Disney World parks. Make sure you make the time to take in all the magical moments!
Bonus Tip: You can use the My Disney Experience app to get your Fast Passes in advance. Fast passes can be used for live shows to ensure you get an up front seat and a better chance to be chosen as an extra!
For more ideas about memories you can make, consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!