Not all of us Disney goers have the complete package of a spouse and 2.5 kids. Some of us are fresh from our teenage years and barreling headfirst into responsible adulthood. A lot of people believe the misconception that Disney World is just for families with children, but what about us childless adults? We like to have fun too and what better way than planning a romantic getaway with your significant other! Let’s face it, whether you and your partner have kids or not, there’s plenty of activities for you at Disney because Disney is for everyone! Here are some of the most romantic experiences you and your beloved can share in the House of Mouse!
10. Dinner at Monsieur Paul – France Pavilion. Monsieur Paul is one of Disney’s famous gourmet restaurants. It’s only open for dinner and there is a dress code. Talk about elegant! It’s easy to forget that Disney offers upscale eateries when you’ve spent all day walking around the parks. Spend the day relaxing at the spa then get all dolled up for a fancy dinner in Epcot’s World Showcase. The French cuisine and atmosphere will transport you and your love to Paris! Bon Appétit!
9. Visit One Of Disney’s Many Spas. For the couples who want to truly get away and take it easy, visits to the parks may not sound appealing. It’s a lot of energy which can wipe even the most athletic guests out after awhile. Disney is more than just the four main parks, though, so finding a relaxing getaway is a breeze! Try the Couples Retreat Ritual at the Mandara Spa found at the WDW Dolphin Hotel. It’s an experience you can share with your significant other. Go ahead, you two deserve it!
8. DisneyQuest! As a young woman dating a 23-year-old man, I’ve learned one of the quickest ways to a young man’s heart is through video games. Maybe you’re the type of couple who finds fancy restaurants and relaxing spa visits to be boring, then DisneyQuest might be right up your alley! If you two love videogames, head down to Downtown Disney (soon to be Disney Springs) for a day full of adventure in this five-floored arcade. It offers 3D experiences as well as classic arcade games like Ms. Pac-Man! We love the indoor bumper cars and the interactive rollercoaster simulator! Spend a day exploring all five floors; there are definitely plenty of games for every type of gamer!
7. Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival. Every year from late September to mid-November, Epcot hosts the International Food & Wine Festival which is the perfect event to spend with your significant other. The World Showcase is wonderful because you can sample beverages from eleven different locations, but during the Festival there are even more options! Carts are set up throughout the Showcase from other countries not featured in the Showcase. Take your loved one to sample some of the world’s most delicious wines and dishes!
6. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride in Downtown Disney. If you’ve ever gone down to Downtown Disney, you might have seen a giant red balloon in the air near the lake. That’s Characters In Flight, a hot air balloon service operated by Aerophile. The experience is only ten minutes long, but it offers a romantic 360 view and visibility up to ten miles! It definitely looks more spectacular at night as Downtown Disney is all lit up. If your lover is a fan of Peter Pan or Aladdin, they’ll definitely love this experience! You get bonus points if you serenade them with the song “A Whole New World.”
5. Be Adventurous with the Wild Africa Trek! This is something you have to pay extra for, but it’s an experience you both won’t soon forget! If you are an adventurous couple who loves hiking, this three hour VIP tour at Animal Kingdom is a cool date idea! Walk across a rope bridge as look at the wild hippos 10 feet below you! Don’t worry, Disney’s all about safety so you’re secure in a harness. You’ll also get to travel in safari vehicle much like the Kilimanjaro Safari attraction only with less people. A plus is that you get complimentary souvenir photos from the experience so you’ll be sure to have these once in a lifetime memories captured!
4. Hollywood Studios for the Movie Buffs. Hollywood Studios is one of my favorite parks because it has so many excellent stage shows! Put a spin on the classic “Dinner and a Movie” date by spending a day in the movies! Start with lunch at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant where the two of you can travel back to a 1950s drive-in setting. Ride the Great Movie Ride to jump in the movies then watch the many stage shows in the park. There’s something for everyone. Like action and explosions? The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! and the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show are must-sees! Like a more classic Broadway experience? Check out Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage and Voyage of the Little Mermaid! Hollywood Studios is the perfect mix of thrill rides, exquisite dining and impeccable stage shows – truly something for every type of couple.
3. Watch the Fireworks at Night. It’s a simple one, but it’s a tried and true romantic experience. The Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at Magic Kingdom is a must for you and your loved one. There’s not much better than holding your loved one tight as you watch the sky light up in beautiful glistening designs. As “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” plays softly in the background, you’ll look in your loved ones eyes and know that they are the dream your heart made.
2. Propose! In my free time, I’ve been known to browse YouTube for Disney marriage proposals. It’s so sweet to see these grooms-to-be completely catch their princesses off guard by dropping down to one-knee and whipping out that ring. Some men have choreographed dances or brought her family in to surprise her, but no matter what their approach, proposing in front of the castle is truly a magical experience she’ll never forget! Trust us, she’ll cry tears of joy instantly!
1. Get Married in Disney! Having your wedding at Disney World or Disneyland is arguably the most romantic thing a couple can do at Disney. You’re literally getting married at the “Happiest Place on Earth” plus you even get the fairytale ending with a castle and everything! Disney has some wonderful wedding planners and consultants at www.disneyweddings.com for anyone interested in a Disney wedding. Pair it with one of Alfred Angelo’s Disney Collection bridal gowns and you’ve got the ultimate Disney wedding!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!