When heading to Disney’s theme parks with a child under the age of 3, a stroller is a necessity. The stroller that you use at home will usually work for your vacation as long as it has a sunshade, storage and that it reclines. If you are flying and don’t want to bother with a stroller, you can rent one at the Parks or from a local company.
When using your stroller, here are a few things to remember:
- They are welcome at all Disney Parks
- Must be unloaded and folded on Disney buses and trams
- At Disney’s Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, strollers must be folded to be brought on the trains.
- Not permitted in most restaurants
- Not allowed in most attractions, please park in the nearby stroller parking.
- Disney Cast Members are stationed in the stroller parking areas. They DO move strollers to keep the area organized. This is usually where your stroller has gone if it’s not where you left it.
- Stroller theft is not common, but if you want to use a stroller lock, loop the lock through the back wheels of the stroller. This allows Disney Cast Members to move strollers around, but deters theft. If you lock it to a fence, gate, etc. They may come and cut through the lock.
- Never leave valuables in your stroller.
- Make your stroller stand out. There are TONS at the Parks.
- To help identify your stroller, consider adding a personalized sign.
- Glow sticks and battery operated holiday lights are a great way to identify your stroller at night.
- Florida is hot, so consider purchasing a clip on fan or mister to put on your stroller.
- A towel or blanket can be attached to the canopy of most strollers, using binder clips to help block the light if your child is trying to nap.
- If you don’t have a stroller rain cover, bring a dollar store poncho to cover your stroller in bad weather.
- If your stroller doesn’t have a lot of storage space, buy an attached hook or stroller bag to add to your stroller.
Bring Your Own
- Your own stroller is where your child is most comfortable. You know how to pack it to your liking, and it’s easy to identify in a stroller parking area.
Stroller Rentals at the parks
- Single stroller rentals are available at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney. They cost $15 a day and $13 for multi day prepay for the days you are staying). An additional $100 security deposit is required when renting from Downtown Disney.
- Double stroller rentals are also available at all Walt Disney World parks except Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Double strollers cost $31 a day and $27 for multi day (prepay for the days you are staying). The $100 security deposit applies at Downtown Disney as well
- Rented strollers don’t offer cushioning or recline features. They can get hot in the sun and slippery in the rain. Double strollers can be cramped for older children or those with long legs.
- These strollers cannot be taken out of the Park. You need to return it to rental location before leaving. If you are going to another park, show your rental receipt and they will give you a new one.
Renting from a company
If you don’t use a stroller at home, or don’t want to haul it to Florida, consider renting a stroller. Several local companies offer strollers for rent, and will deliver and pick up from most hotels and resorts free of charge. All of the rental companies offer the Baby Jogger City Mini Series strollers in singles or doubles. In the list below, I’ve noted the additional stroller models that these companies offer. Pricing, accessories, and pick-up and delivery times vary per company.
Disney lists a few Featured Providers:
- Orlando Stroller Rentals: (800) 281-0884 – Also carries Summit strollers, and special needs strollers
- Kingdom Strollers: (407) 271-5301 – Also carries City Elite and Summit strollers, BOB strollers, and special needs strollers
- Magic Strollers: (866) 866-6177: No additional strollers
- Baby Wheels Orlando: Also carries Britax strollers, and Britax Travel systems
- Simple Stroller Rental: Also carries BOB strollers, Baby Trend Snap and Go and Joovy Double and Triple Sit ‘n Stand strollers. ** Also rents Ergobaby Carriers.
- Apple Stroller: No additional models offered.
For more stroller tips and info, contact an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!