For those of us who are Disney Fanatics, there are some obvious signs that we are in desperate need of a Walt Disney World Vacation.
1. Rice krispies treats take on the shape of Mickey Mouse’s head. This usually occurs without any thought at all. You just start forming your rice krispies’ squares and find that they have magically turned into Mickey’s head. This is a sign your mind is on Disney, not rice krispy treats.
2. The phone rings; you answer it, have a conversation, then before you know it, your good-bye sounds like a Disney cast member: “Bye-bye, and have a magical day!” You don’t even realize you’ve said it until after you hang up.
3. You pull up to a local shopping mall, park your car, and absent mindedly look up at the parking sign, looking for the name and image of a Disney character to help you remember which row you parked in. Whoops, shake it off! There are no Disney character signs here!
4. While you are shopping, you find yourself looking for and finding “hidden mickeys” everywhere you look; clothing displays, potted plants, a little girl with twin buns on her head, the design on a fellow shopper’s shirt, etc. You laugh it off, but the “mickeys” just keep magically appearing!
5. It is a beautiful, sunny day, and you’re enjoying an outdoor picnic. The sky is blue with white puffy clouds, and you guessed it, there is a cloud formation that resembles Cinderella’s Castle, at least that is what your mind is visualizing. Does it really look like Cinderella’s Castle, or is it time to start planning that Disney Vacation?
6. You’re driving down the street and a car suddenly darts out in front of your car, and you begin honking to the beat of honk, honk, honk, honk, a honk honk’s honk honk honk! Translation: “Yo ho yo ho, a pirate’s life for me”!
7. On a trip to the grocery store, you find yourself grabbing every Disney inspired frozen treat available. It’s not until you get to the checkout counter that you realize what you have placed in your cart. Wow, you’re freezer will be full now!
8. You find yourself humming the melody, “It’s a Small World After All”, while cleaning the house, working in the garden, and even while you’re taking a shower.
9. The only TV programs you’re interested in watching are DVD’s from all your previous Disney vacations. When the last one has been played, you look up and it’s the next day. Instead of being alarmed, you stretch and announce: “My, oh my, what a wonderful day!”
10. The most significant sign that you are ready for a Disney World trip is the fact that you have your cell phone on WDW speed dial and before you know it, you are talking to a Disney reservation specialist, and your next WDW Vacation is now official! Hip Hip Hooray! It’s Disney Reservation day!