In addition to the magic and thrill of all the rides and attractions at Walt Disney World, there are so many themed souvenir shops that you will need an extra day just to shop, especially for Christmas, Birthday, or other special occasions. Here is a list of my favorites.
10. The After Market Shop — Test Track—Epcot — The After Market Shop is located at the end of the Test Track ride in Epcot where you can purchase Chevrolet and other car and Test Track themed merchandise. Items include model cars, t-shirts, pit crew caps, pins, Vinylmation, a variety of toys, plush, and many other souvenirs.
9. Beverly Sunset — Sunset Boulevard — Hollywood Studios—The Beverly Sunset building which resembles the old 1930’s Warner Beverly Hills Theatre in Beverly Hills, California actually houses three shops: “Sweet Spells” (a delicious candy and snack counter), “Villains in Vogue” (Disney Villain themed t-shirts, mugs, Vinylmation, and other assorted collectibles) and “The Scary Apothecary” (featuring Nightmare Before Christmas themed merchandise, including clothing, mugs, various Vinylmation choices, and many more items). Shop here for a “triple play”.
8. Briar Patch — Frontierland/Magic Kingdom — This quaint little shop directly in front of Splash Mountain offers merchandise featuring Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad themes. Even though it is small, this tiny shop is filled with themed jewelry, clothing, toys, kitchenware, camera supplies, snacks, and bottled beverages, and for those tired feet, a couple of granny rocking chairs.
7. Big Top Souvenirs — Fantasyland/Magic Kingdom — Storybook Circus — This is the place to get your Storybook Circus souvenirs, including every kind of Dumbo themed articles. There are all kinds of toys, hats, clothing, plush toys, trading pins, home décor, Vinylmation, and for the sweet tooth, every kind of sweet treat imaginable. There are cake pops, cookies, Mickey shaped rice krispie treats, elaborately decorated candy coated apples, self service packaged treats, cotton candy, popcorn, and so much more. Step inside this huge Circus Tent, and be prepared to be delightfully surprised!
6. Chester & Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures — Dinoland/Animal Kingdom — You can shop for all your prehistoric toys and dinosaur themed souvenirs at this uniquely retro roadside gift shop. Everywhere you look around this shop you will see some sort of dinosaur paraphernalia, toys, clothing, collectible mugs, special Magic Bands, trading pins, Vinylmation, hats, snacks, sweet treats, bottled beverages, just about everything you would need for a dinosaur hunting expedition.
5. Frontier Trading Post — Frontierland/Magic Kingdom — Besides a variety of Western and Native American wear, Mickey Ears, and Vinylmation, this “old West” themed souvenir shop boasts one of the largest supply of trading pins in the Magic Kingdom. You will probably find that one-of-a-kind pin you have been searching for, or you can trade with one of the store cast members. Frontier Trading Post is located next door to the Country Bear Jamboree attraction.
4. Mouse Gear — Futureworld/Epcot — This is the largest souvenir shop in all of Epcot, and it is filled with every kind of Disney gifts, including Epcot themed merchandise. You name it, and they will have it here. There are different sections, kitchenware items, key chains of every kind, magnets, jewelry, adult and children’s apparel, trading pins, toys of all kinds, and so much more. Be prepared to linger a while!
3. World of Disney — Downtown Disney — Welcome to the largest Disney character store where there are 12 rooms filled with apparel, shoes, jewelry, purses and wallets, collectibles, toys, trading pins, and an assortment of other items too numerous to list. The animated decorations all around the store are a delightful, magical addition to this wonderful world of shopping experience. Needless to say, you have to see this incredible store to believe it!
2. Main Street Confectionery — Main Street/Magic Kingdom — I would challenge any Walt Disney World guest to walk past this store without stepping inside to find out where those delicious smelling odors are coming from. Filled with homemade fudge, candy treats, rice krispie treats, candy coated apples, hundreds of pre-packaged candies; sweet treats of all kinds. My favorite are the chocolate covered strawberries, when they are in season. Yummy!
1. Main Street Emporium — Main Street/Magic Kingdom — In all of Walt Disney World, this is my all time favorite gift and souvenir shop. The Disney theme and decorations are so magical, a haven of Disney merchandise in an atmosphere of an old-fashioned turn of the century general store. The cast members even wear clothing associated with that special era. Toys, collectible items, trading pins, jewelry, apparel, Magic Bands, sleepwear, kitchen supplies, hundreds of plush animals, are just some of the merchandise available, featuring gifts from all four parks. You can do all your shopping right here, and you can access all the other shops on this side of Main Street without ever going outside. It is truly the place for a shopping extravaganza!
Shopping at Walt Disney World is a happy, magical experience, climaxed by the looks on the faces of those special friends and family members who are the recipients of your delightful Disney surprises. It’s fun shopping for yourself too!
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!