In January of 2014, Disney World completely replaced its Fastpass system with something completely new called Fastpass+. It can get really confusing at times, especially if it is something brand new to you. But once you do your research and actually get a chance to use it in person, it becomes a piece of cake. Much like anything related to Disney planning. I have had the chance to use Disney’s Fastpass+ several times since it has taken over, so I have come up with a good list of everything you need to know to be successful with the new Fastpass+ system.
Disney’s FastPass+ 101 – Everything You Need To Know
6. How is it different from the old Fastpass system? It’s similar to the old Fastpass system in which it allows you to get on rides and attractions faster at a certain time, but it relies mostly on technology. Not big machines and tickets waiting at the front of each ride. You select which Fastpasses you would like via kiosks in the parks, the website or the app called My Disney Experience. Also, unlike the only Fastpass system, you are only allowed to make three fastpasses to start off with.
5. How exactly do I make these selections? As I stated in the last question, you are able to make your Fastpass+ selections with the app, on the website, or on kiosks throughout the park. Both the app and the website are very simple to use and quick. The app is probably the most efficient, in my opinion. You are able to make, modify, and cancel Fastpass selections right from your phone. This is great because you can do this before your trip at home, during your trip at your resort, or even right at the theme park. If you choose to use the website, you simply log onto the Walt Disney World website and click on the My Disney Experience tab at the top. From there everything else is pretty easy. The last option, if the phone and computer don’t work for you, is the kiosks. Throughout each Disney Park, you will find kiosks where you can make same day selections for the park you are at. I only suggest this as a last resort because you have to wait in line sometimes and you cannot make them days in advance.
4. When can I begin making my Fastpass+ selections? They fantastic thing about the new Fastpass+ system is that you can make your selections days in advance. If you are staying on Disney property, you can begin making your selections 60 days in advance. If you are not staying on Disney property, you can begin making your selections 30 days in advance.
3. So I can get Fastpasses for any ride? The majority of the rides and attractions throughout Disney World do offer Fastpasses. Parks like Epcot and Hollywood Studios also have, what they call “tiers”. This means you can only select a certain amount of Fastpasses per tier. Here are a list of which rides and attractions offer Fastpasses and which rides are in the tiers.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Enchanted Tales With Belle
- Festival of Fantasy Viewing Spot
- Haunted Mansion
- It’s a Small World
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Electrical Parade Viewing Spot
- Meet Anna and Elsa and a Visiting Princess (Princess Fairytale Hall)
- Meet Ariel
- Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess (Princess Fairytale Hall)
- Meet Mickey Mouse
- Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess (Princess Fairytale Hall)
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Wishes Viewing Spot
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest
- Finding Nemo- The Musical
- It’s Tough to be a Bug
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Disney Pals at Adventures Outpost
- Primeval Whirl
And here is where the tier system comes into play:
Epcot Group A (Choose 1)
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Viewing Spot
- Test Track
- Living with the Land
Epcot Group B (Choose 2)
- Captain EO
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Mission: SPACE
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Epcot Character Spot
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Group A (Choose 1)
- Toy Story Mania!
- Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage
- Fantasmic! Viewing Spot
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- The Great Movie Ride
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Group B (Choose 2)
- Disney Junior- Live on Stage!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Light, Motors, Action!
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Star Tours
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
2. How do I use my Fastpasses once I have made my selections? In addition to the new Fastpass+ system, Disney has also introduced Magicbands. Magicbands are your key to everything, literally. It is a band you wear around your wrist and it holds all reservations, tickets, Fastpasses, and it’s your key to your room. You are able to customize your Magicbands and have them sent to your home. You are then able to link them to your tickets and Fastpasses, as well as dining and resort reservations. When you enter the park and attraction lines, you simply scan your band, and you’re in!
1. What happens if I don’t use all my FastPasses? It’s simple, if you don’t use it, you lose it! So make sure you modify any Fastpasses you don’t think you’ll be able to use for an earlier or later time. This also opens up your time incase other guests are looking for that ride in that specific time.
Hopefully I have been able to clear up and questions or misunderstandings about the new Fastpass+ System. Now remember, this has completely replaced the old Fastpass system. So you can no longer get paper Fastpasses anywhere on Disney World property. As I have said before, it can seem tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a piece of cake! Make sure you book your Fastpass+ selections as soon as possible to ensure you get the rides and times you want. And most importantly, have fun!