When you arrive at Orlando International Airport (MCO airport code), the excitement for your upcoming vacation begins to build. You experience your first monorail ride to the main terminal. Then, you begin to see and hear references to the Disney theme parks. In December 2004, Disney announced a new way to keep the excitement going by introducing a new service called Disney’s Magical Express, which offers free airport shuttle service, luggage delivery and airline check-in for Disney hotel guests. The service began in May 2005 and is complimentary. As you ride a comfortable motor coach to your Disney hotel, Mickey and friends welcome you to the most magical place on earth! Here are 10 Awesome Facts about Disney’s Magical Express.
9. Enjoy the free ride – The Walt Disney World Resort is approximately 30 miles from the Orlando airport. A taxi, car service, or shuttle van will easily cost you $50+ one way. Many visitors prefer to rent a car and drive themselves. If you prefer to let Disney do the driving, Magical Express is a great way to save money (and maybe the stress of driving in a new area). Disney’s Magical Express is free of charge and takes you both to your Disney hotel and back to the airport.
*Bonus tip: If you choose to bring your luggage with you, be sure to tip your driver.
8. Resort hotels serviced – Magical Express is provided for guests staying at all Disney-owned resort hotels. This excludes the Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green and of course, off-site hotels.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
6. When will my luggage arrive? – Officially, Disney says they will deliver your luggage, directly to your room, within 3 hours of your arrival at your hotel. You should pack your carry-on bag with everything you will need for the first few hours of your vacation. You do NOT have to be present to receive your luggage. That way, you can head straight to the parks!
5. Late arrival – If your flight arrives after 10 pm, you will need to retrieve your own bags, and then make your way to the Magical Express pick-up area on side B, level 1 of the airport. Magical Express bus service runs 24 hours a day.
3. Resort airline check in – If you are flying one of the participating airlines (Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines and United), you can avoid airport check-in lines by checking your luggage and receiving your boarding pass before you leave your Disney hotel.
*Bonus tip: If your departing flight is later in the day, you can check your luggage at your hotel, get your boarding passes and the go enjoy the parks one more time.
2. Am I eligible? – You can book Magical Express whether you have a room-only reservation or a package with tickets, dining plan, etc., as long as you are staying at a Disney-owned resort.
1. Who is really providing this service? In addition to partners at Orlando International Airport, Walt Disney World developed this innovative service in conjunction with private and public sector leaders including: the Mears Transportation Group, the largest provider of ground transportation to the Walt Disney World Resort; BAGS Inc., the provider and innovator in off-airport passenger check-in services for the hotel, convention, cruise and airline industries; ARINC Incorporated, a leading global provider of technology systems for airports and airlines; the Transportation Security Administration; and airline partners.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like MickeyTravels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!