I could spend days meandering around World Showcase, discovering new treasures in all its nooks and crannies. It makes me feel like I’m traveling the globe in a single afternoon. Epcot does a great job adding seasonal shows, dining, and experiences to keep things fresh. But here are some year-round favorites that top the must-do list…
10. Canadian Lumberjack Show – Using real logging techniques, two teams of lumberjacks compete on speed and agility. The show is lively and interesting, and I’ve never seen anything quite like it. The performers have a unique skill set too, having to do the tough logging stuff as well as ham-it-up for the crowd. It’s one of the best shows, in my opinion!
9. The Photo – Don’t forget the obligatory hold-the-ball-in-your-hand photo while on the World Showcase side of the lagoon. As you look over the water towards Future World, the Spaceship Earth ball is just the right size to “fit in your palm”. Don’t be shy – everybody does it!
8. Jeweled Dragon Acrobats – In the China Pavilion, the Jeweled Dragon Acrobats steal the show. Watch your showtimes for this one! You won’t want to miss it, especially since it appeals to both children and adults. The acrobats strength, gracefulness, and total lack of any fear of heights is both impressive and cross-culturally beautiful.
7. Eating – World Showcase is THE BEST place to eat in all of Disney World. I literally deprive myself of lame regular food before going to World Showcase, just so I can try more of the delicious offerings without feeling bad about it. You can find detailed reviews of the food choices on our site, but personally I’m partial to a quick bite of something Mexican at La Cantina and a pastry in the France Pavilion.
6. Agent P Missions – This may be the greatest thing that the Epcot Imagineers have ever thought of. In comparison with other parts of WDW, World Showcase is probably not too high on many kids’ lists of favorite places. But with the addition of the Agent P Missions, it suddenly becomes an interactive, technologically cool scavenger hunt that kids AND parents can really get into! I can’t recommend it enough.
5. Unique Characters – While in World Showcase, don’t forget to search out those unique characters that you won’t be able to find anywhere else on property. A lot of times they are not out in the open, so you have to make a point of stopping in at their locations (check your app or ask a cast member). This actually works in your favor if you are into characters. There have been times when we’ve literally walked right in with absolutely NO LINE because the characters are somewhat out of the way.
4. Voices of Liberty – Need a break in the A/C? The Voices of Liberty will give you not only a chance to cool off, but an appointment with inspiration. You’ll leave feeling patriotic and peppy.
3. Shopping – Shopping in World Showcase is like World Market on steroids. If you have time, it’s so fun to wander through the shops in each pavilion. They are not filled with typical Disney souvenirs, but rather with merchandise directly from the country represented. Remember, the cast members in World Showcase are from the actual countries too, so they can help you if you have any questions about the things you see.
2. Matsuriza – In the Japan Pavilion, make note of the time of the Matsuriza performances. It’s the one with all the drums and gongs, and it’s totally worth it every time. The show is in the open air though with very little shade, so my recommendation is to get some gelati from the nearby Italy Pavilion to keep you cool while you watch and listen.
1. IllumiNations – I think most people watch IllumiNations from Future World or right by World Gateway. Those are smart places if you are planning to exit the park quickly after the show is over. But there are lots of other great places for viewing the fireworks and lasers from all around the Showcase. Find a bench overlooking the lagoon in your favorite Pavilion and enjoy a calmer, quieter version of the show. Also, need I remind you that this is another great time for a unique dessert or drink?
World Showcase is incredible! But these are just a few of the many things you can do and see. What is your favorite World Showcase experience?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!