There’s plenty to do at Disney’s Boardwalk—and some experiences are even free! The Boardwalk is a great place for all ages to hang out. Here are 10 things that you can enjoy if you spend a few hours on the Boardwalk.
10. Street Entertainment – Be dazzled by the talents of street performers who will win your heart with their juggling, comedy, and feats of daring. Performers begin their shows around the dinner hour each day. Shows aren’t long (maybe 15 minutes) and happen a couple of times each night.
9. Surrey Bikes – Renting a surrey bike is fun for the whole family. Take a spin on these bicycles built for 2-6 people. In order to pedal, kids must meet a minimum height requirement of 54 inches, but smaller kids can still just enjoy the ride. The rental desk is usually open from 10am to 10pm, so you can easily make time for it in your schedule. The standard rental time is 30 minutes, in which you can normally make it around Crescent Lake a few times.
8. Strolling – If biking is not your thing, you can still enjoy the same route as the surreys only on foot. Walking around the Epcot resort area lake will take you past the Beach and Yacht Clubs and then in front of the Swan and Dolphin before arriving back at the Boardwalk. The loop is approximately .8 mile, so it makes for a decent little journey.
7. Boating – Take a free cruise on one of the FriendShips, which takes guests of the Epcot resort area in between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Or take a short walk over to the Yacht Club where you can rent a small boat of your own for a personalized experience.
6. Cocktails – Sip a margarita from Joe’s walk-up bar as you meander around. Or sit down at the AbracadaBar for magical mixed drinks, beer, and hard sodas. For a quaint and quiet drink, head inside the Boardwalk Inn to the Belle Vue Lounge and order a classic Manhattan or a glass of wine. Or for more lively nightlife, head to Jellyrolls dueling piano bar, a lounge for adults only.
5. Dancing – Atlantic Dance Hall, located at the very end of the Boardwalk, is a nightclub featuring top hits from the 80’s through today. Admire the star-studded ballroom ceiling, or take a break to enjoy the real stars outdoors on one of the balconies overlooking the water. Atlantic Dance Hall is an establishment restricted to the 21 and older crowd.
4. Dining – There’s no shortage of restaurants around the Boardwalk. Whether you prefer the counter service casual vibe of the Boardwalk Bakery, To-Go Cart, and Pizza Window or the more upscale table service of Flying Fish and Big River Grille, there’s something for everyone. Sports enthusiasts can check out the ESPN Club while romantics can enjoy a candlelight dinner at Trattoria al Forno.
3. Shopping – Browse for souvenirs in the shop line up along the way to Jellyrolls. You’ll find Disney gear, toys, and other fun items, as well as a general store for any small grocery needs. Around the corner, closer to the Inn, the Wyland Gallery showcases exquisite art that can be shipped to your final destination if you fall in love with a piece.
2. Characters – Though it’s not normal for characters to simply roam the Boardwalk, you’ll soon be able to dine with some of Disney’s most “adventurous” couples for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. Rumor has it that Rapunzel and Eugene will be constant celebrities at this breakfast, along with others. Reservations begin April 2nd.
1. Fireworks – Because the Boardwalk is in between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, it’s easy to take in their fireworks shows from a distance. Simply admire the colors peeking above the buildings, or get a closer look by taking one of the FriendShips mentioned in #7. Be sure to consult your My Disney Experience app for show times—you may be able to see both!
Note that currently parking is limited at the Boardwalk because of some scheduled maintenance. Valet parking is always an option for those who wish to bring their own vehicles, but Disney resort guests are highly recommended to utilize Disney transportation.
Enjoy the Boardwalk!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!