Most people just skip over Epcot; they don’t think there is any good reason to go to the park. Unless, of course, they are drinking around the world and that is a whole different story. But there is so much more than that at this park.
1. Food! – The toughest table in Epcot is Canada’s Le Cellier Steakhouse, but some other good choices are Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining in Japan, the Garden Grill in the Land pavilion, and Monsieur Paul in France (which is only open for dinner and is also one of the most expensive in park restaurants.) But three of the best bakeries in Disney are located in Epcot, so they are great places to stop by and grab a bite. There is also a Princess Character dining experience at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
2. FastPass+ is a must to get on the popular rides and it is ok to repeat them. There are a few major rides at Epcot such as Soarin’ around the World, Test Track, Mission: Space, and Spaceship Earth. In the World Showcase, Frozen Ever After is now open and you will definitely want a FastPass+ for this attraction.
3. Photopass is not a must, but it doesn’t hurt. Take advantage of having Disney’s photographers though. They will take pictures for you with your camera or cell phone. Also, don’t forget to at least look at the pictures take on the rides, they are usually good for a laugh.
4. Take time to meet some of the Characters. There is nothing wrong with being an adult and getting excited at a hug and a picture with your favorite character. There is the big five, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto, but in the World Showcase you may find some interesting ones. Such as Belle or Marie in France, Mulan in China, Alice in the United Kingdom or Snow White in Germany. If you can find Donald Duck in Mexico, he will be dressed up like the Three Caballeros.
5. There are lots of secrets to Epcot. Try the “Beverly” in the Cool Club. The sidewalks twinkle at night, take the right hand path by the ball. Open lids of crates in the African Outpost and see what happen. There is a walking trail, complete with a waterfall and abandoned mine in Canada. Sometimes you can take a guided tour in Morocco, just ask a Cast Member.
6. Use travel and indoor rides to your advantage. Indoor rides are a great way to break up the heat of the day. A few of these are Gran Fiesta Tour, Reflections of China and O Canada, American Adventure and Impressions de France. Ellen’s Energy Adventure is another great one, and is about 45 minutes long, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your needs.
7. Just because it’s Disney, does not mean bad things don’t happen. Just because you are at one of the most magical places on Earth, that does not guarantee people will be nice and everything will be perfect. People don’t like mentioning these parts of their stories, but it can and does happen.
8. Even though it is a Disney vacation, surprises can and do pop up. Don’t have the perfect vacation idea set in stone. Some things, things don’t plan out exactly as how they do in your mind. Weather is one in particular, in changes in the blink of an eye in Florida. Plus, you want to have time to just enjoy the day and not run around with a schedule.
9. Cast Members can make such a huge difference in your vacation experience. Be kind to them, they are some of the most helpful people on the property. Feel free to ask for recommendations and suggestions, they love to help out.
10. The World Showcase is not boring. There are some amazing street performers in most of the countries. Each county also has some type of attraction, though for the most part, they are not rides.
Every trip I make up to Disney includes a day or two at Epcot. Illuminations is one of my favorite night time shows at Disney. I love watching it from the World Showcase and then heading over to the Boardwalk to wander around. Hope these tips help you make the most of your time at Epcot.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: