Themed after the iconic Toy Story location, Pizza Planet is arguably one of the best counter service restaurants in all of Hollywood Studios. Here are ten reasons we love it…
10. Pizza!: I mean, you kinda gotta love pizza, since it’s in the name! 🙂 The pizza here is thick, and the crust is nice and soft. The adult pizza is pretty big and comes with a side Caesar salad; you could get away with sharing it if neither person was super hungry (or if they were intentionally saving room for dessert!).
9. Other Options: If pizza is not your thing, there are other options including salads and meatball subs. Also, Pizza Planet has become known for it’s great gourmet cupcakes in several flavors. They’re a treat for the eyes as much as the palate!
8. Kids Meals: Pizza Planet is a kid’s dream restaurant, really. Kids can choose between a sub or cheese pizza, and the meals come with two sides (the standard being applesauce and a soft baked chocolate chip cookie). My guys were slightly disappointed for no pepperoni kid’s option, but the cheese is so delicious that they quickly forgot.
7. Drinks: You can find your typical fountain drinks at Pizza Planet, along with milk or hot drinks (including cocoa!) Or if you prefer, you can opt for an adult beverage. Beer, sangria, and a special “The Claw” cocktail were available on our last visit…I recommend the sangria!
6. Service: Our family enjoyed our Pizza Planet dinner on the early side (eating at off times works best for us), so the service was excellent. We walked right up to the counter and waited on food for less than five minutes. Now, I have a feeling that prime times are a little different because there was a substantial chain lane leading to the counter, but that’s to be expected anywhere really.
5. Decor: Do you have a Toy Story fan in your fam? They will adore Pizza Planet’s style. Not only are there character decorations, but the whole atmosphere feels much like you’d imagine the “real” Pizza Planet to be….like a big space-themed arcade.
4. Games: Speaking of arcade, the games are definitely a highlight! My guys played ski-ball for a QUARTER! Where can you do that these days? In addition, the games were family-friendly for all ages from what I could tell – no scary zombies or skimpy bikini girls. I think in the future I’ll be stopping in to Pizza Planet just for a games-and-air-conditioning break with my smallest kiddos.
3. Seating: I think Hollywood Studios planned well for the popularity of Pizza Planet. There are two levels of seating, as well as outdoor options in the shade. We found that a great table near your favorite game is a real win!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Restrooms: We always make sure the kiddos use the restrooms whenever we stop for a meal to avoid potential emergencies later. The restrooms at Pizza Planet are clean, easily accessible, and well-lit. They also have dual exits – one to the restaurant and one outside – which could be convenient, but also a point to communicate clearly to everyone in your group.
1. Pressed Pennies: Pizza Planet has not one but TWO pressed penny machines inside! Fun classic characters were available as well as series pennies. A quality find that felt like icing on the cake.
We love Pizza Planet and we hope you do too!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!