101 Magical Tips for Your Walt Disney World Vacation
Here’s everything you ever wanted to know to have the very best Walt Disney World vacation possible. It’s our ultimate 101 Magical Tips list, broken up into categories to use as a handy reference guide.
1. Plan early, but be flexible if you can. If a new discount comes out during your trip dates, just call and Disney will apply it. If a discount comes out for a different date, you can change to take advantage of it (don’t purchase airfare until you’re sure!).
2. Consult an online crowd estimator guide if your timing is flexible. You’ll save time and money if you can go to Disney when school is not on holiday.
3. You NEED the My Disney Experience app. Basically all your planning can be managed with this user-friendly app.
4. Orlando International is the closest airport, but you may find direct or cheaper flights to Sanford. Be advised though, that Disney’s Magical Express only goes to Orlando International.
5. Don’t forget to plan in some downtime. After a full park day, a lounge day at the resort could really help your family recharge.
6. Reserve Fast Passes for early in the day. Once you use your original three, you can reserve more, one at a time.
7. Prep yourself for plenty of walking—some estimate that a full park day will carry you 14 miles!
8. Choose which park you will visit on which day after consulting the Extra Magic Hours schedule. If you’re staying on property, you’ll want to use them. If you’re staying off-property the park with EMHs might be the one to avoid.
9. Disney Vacation Planners (travel agents) are free and can often help you get some great deals.
10. Be aware of Magic Kingdom’s holiday party schedule. Unless you have a party ticket, your day will be cut short at 7:00pm.
11. Print out park maps and use two colored highlighters to mark your “A list” attractions and “B list” attractions. This will help you prioritize your time.
12. Magic Kingdom is typically a little less crowded mid week and a little more crowded Friday-Monday.
Next: Packing Tips...
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!