Planning a trip to Disney World, but have a party-pooper in your family? Someone in your group thinking Disney World is just for kids? Never fear! These 11 attractions will convert any Disney “hater”!
1) Soarin’ – Have a daredevil in your family? They will love this action-packed hang-gliding simulator! Soar over the beautiful state of California with its rich landscapes. Feel the breeze in your face over the Pacific coastline and smell the orange groves. Ride over the Golden Gate Bridge, the Redwood forests, Napa Valley, Yosemite and more.
2) Test Track – Ever wonder how new cars are made and tested? Find out here at this fascinating attraction that takes you through the steps carmakers go through to produce the cars and trucks we all drive. You’ll love the finale as your car speeds around an outdoor track at speeds up to 65 miles per hour!
3) Mission Space – Ever wondered what it feels like to blast off in a real spaceship? NASA helped design this real-life simulator that lets you experience what it would be like to fly to Mars. Experience a pulse-racing liftoff on the most technologically advanced attraction ever created by Disney.
4) Living with the Land – Don’t tell your Disney hater this attraction is educational. After riding, they won’t care! Find out new and innovative ways Disney is growing the food you eat in their restaurants. You’ll be amazed at the site of Mickey Mouse shaped vegetables!
5) Kilimanjaro Safaris – Would you like to go on an African safari without the hassle of actually going to Africa? This is the attraction for you! Ride off-road in an over-sized “jeep” on an African savannah and see lions, giraffes, zebras and more!
6) Flights of Wonder – Have a bird watcher in your group? They’ll love this amazing demonstration of the natural abilities of our feathered friends! A variety of birds including macaws, cranes and hawks gracefully swoop around this outdoor amphitheater. You might even see an American bald eagle!
7) Haunted Mansion – 999 happy haunts inhabit this ultimate haunted house. Expect ghosts, creaking doors and lots of cobwebs. You might even gain some “friends” on your way out!
8) Swiss Family Treehouse – Did you have a treehouse while growing up? I bet it was nothing like this one! A make-believe tree beautifully recreates the home of the shipwrecked family in the “Swiss Family Robinson”, right down to the organ in the “living room” and the skylight in the parents’ bedroom.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
9) Star Tours – Anyone in your family a Star Wars fan? They’ll love this simulator that lets you experience scenes from the movies. Every time is a different experience, so ride more than once!
10) Toy Story Midway Mania – If you are the competitive type, this is the attraction for you! Battle it out with your ride partner as you compete for the most points at the county fair. Test your pie-throwing accuracy, see who can throw a ball to break the most plates, and toss eggs at barnyard animals. Will you earn bragging rights?
11) Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show! – Anyone in your group like action movies? See how stunt drivers perform those amazing car chases! Watch motorcycle rider’s jump through fire! This high-powered stage show will immerse you in the thrill-a-minute world of big-budget movie stunts.
Submitted by Jimmie Jones