There is no shortage of magic to be found in the parks on a Walt Disney World vacation. Beyond the attractions and rides, Disney has much more to offer. You should be able to find something that would appeal to everyone in your family, and will probably have the all – to common problem of “not enough time” to see it all. Here is a list of some of the CAN’T be missed ways to enjoy all the magic Disney has to offer.
12. Illuminations – EPCOT – This nightly show at EPCOT is amazing. It takes place in the center of the World Showcase lagoon and features fireworks, lasers and music that can be heard throughout the showcase. You can see the show from anywhere around the lagoon, so it makes for an easy, last minute add-on to your night.
11. Festival of the Lion King – Animal Kingdom – If you want to take a break from the Florida sun and see some wonderful performers, then make sure to see this show at Animal Kingdom. It is one of my family’s favorites. The magic in the dancers, singers and acrobats is mesmerizing and it will leave you signing Hakuna Matata for the rest of the day.
10. Dining with a Princess – Magic Kingdom – Any little royalty in your family will love the chance to dine with Disney princesses inside Cinderella’s castle. Opening in March after a refurbishment, Cinderella’s Royal Table is a great place to eat and feel like royalty yourself. You will love the intimate feel and lavish decorations while spending some quality time with Cinderella and her friends.
9. Latest Disney Characters – Hollywood Studios – Don’t let a visit to Disney World go by without stopping at the Magic of Disney Animation attraction. Here you will get a chance to learn to draw some of Disney’s most popular characters and also get an up close and personal visit with some of the most recent Disney characters. How this place has still gone under the radar with crowds is a surprise, but you won’t be sorry to make this stop.
8. Festival of Fantasy Parade – Magic Kingdom – This parade is all about reminding us why we love Fantasyland. You will see some of your favorite characters from Fantasyland along with street performers and a few who just can’t seem to keep their feet on the ground. Make sure to check the map for the routes and best places to see this awesome parade.
7. Disney’s Family Magic Tour – Magic Kingdom – If you are looking for something a little different to experience some Disney magic, try this fun, interactive tour. This guided tour/scavenger hunt takes you all over Magic Kingdom, hunting for clues and solving riddles, with a few surprises along the way. It is good for visitors of all ages, just make sure to book ahead.
6. Jedi Training – Hollywood Studios – Regardless if your little ones are on the Dark Side or a Rebel, the little Jedi in all of them will want the chance to train with a master. They will get the chance to train with a light saber and may even have to opportunity to battle with Darth Vader. This is a popular attraction, so if you want to take part, make sure to visit the ABC Sound Studio early in the day to reserve a spot.
5. Frozen Sing-a-long – Hollywood Studios – If you are upset you didn’t get a callback for a part in Frozen, never fear. Head over to the “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” in Hollywood studios and belt out all the Frozen hits. This isn’t just a singing show, but a humorous and fun retelling of the story we have all come to love.
4. Main Street Electric Parade – This parade is something to see. Every float, illuminated with hundreds of colored lights, spins and moves down the street. You will see some of your favorite characters like, Alice and Wonderland, Cinderella and everyone’s favorite dragon, Elliot. The soundtrack is catchy and the sights are beautiful. So grab a hot dog from Casey’s Corner and enjoy the nighttime parade.
3. Princesses in their countries – EPCOT – It’s one thing to meet the Disney princesses in Magic Kingdom, but quite another to meet them in their home countries. Just visit some of the countries in EPCOT’s World Showcase. You will find Jasmine and Aladdin, Cinderella, Donald Duck, Mary Poppins and Mulan, to name a few. Be sure to stop by for a snack or two while you wait, the countries have some yummy foods you can’t find anywhere else in the park.
2. Fantasmic – Hollywood Studios – No visit to Hollywood Studios is complete without watching the magic that is Fantasmic. This nightly show features Mickey in an adventure all set with sky high water images of some much loved Disney characters along with music and fireworks to make any night complete. If you want to add a little extra magic, grab a pair of Glow with the Show ears. These specially designed ears glow in different colors to the music and sounds of the Fantasmic show.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique/Pirates League – Nothing says a trip to Disney better than getting your Princess or Pirate all dressed up for the occasion. Make an appointment and then leave the magic up to Disney. They will transform them into the Princess or Pirate of their dreams. You can pick different packages according your budget, but no matter which one you pick, they are sure to love it. Look into booking a Pirate Pals firework voyage on the same day and enjoy the fireworks over Magic Kingdom on a boat in the lagoon.
No matter if you hit all of these or some of them, they are sure to add some extra Disney magic to your vacation. Some of these do require reservations, so plan ahead if they are something you won’t want to miss. One of the great things about Disney, they think of almost everything you would need to make your vacation magical.
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!
Photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper