1. Disney is always growing and expanding! - One of the best tips I could give anyone is to see what new and exciting things are opening in Walt Disney World when you begin planning your vacation.
2. Making dining reservations early! - When you buy your tickets in advance, you will also be able to book your dining reservations up to 180 days in advance.
3. Book Your FastPass Early (for some rides!) - Every trip, my husband and I book our FastPasses, but truth be told, we sometimes forego them to add a little bit more spontaneity to our day.
4. Read up on any construction happening at your resort - Even with construction, staying at a Walt Disney World resort is magical.
5. Take Advantage of the Minnie Vans! - Walt Disney World has now teamed up with the ridesharing service, Lyft and offers “Minnie Vans” - adorably designed vans with red and white polka dots - to take guests wherever they’d like around the property.
6. Don’t Forget About Yourself - One of the worst things you can do on a Walt Disney World vacation is run yourself ragged!
7. Purchase Memory Maker in Advance! - Cinderella’s Castle! Splash Mountain! The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror! There’s going to be a million and one pictures you’re going to want to take during your Walt Disney World vacation.
8. Plan to visit during a holiday celebration! - This one’s risky, but well worth it. If you plan your vacation between select nights in August through October, you can purchase tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
9. Wait until the end of the night to ride the “big rides” - So, this may not happen ALL THE TIME, but it certainly happens the most of the time with specific rides.
10. Plan your vacation during an off-season - My favorite times to visit Walt Disney World, are of course, the times when the crowds are severely diminished.
11. Perks of Being a Disney Visa Card Holder - Now, I’m not advocating for opening up a credit card if it’s not something your family is able to do, however if you do have the card but don’t know how it can help when you’re planning your Walt Disney World vacation, you’re in luck!
12. Get a Vacation Recommendation - If you’re unsure about what you should do on your Walt Disney World vacation or want to know what will work for your budget, you can visit Walt Disney’s World website and get a recommendation for your vacation based upon your preferences.
13. Call a Disney Representative - There have been so many times that I went online to book a particular dining reservation only to find out that it wasn’t available.