There is SO much to explore at Epcot! Here are 15 attractions that we think should go on your must-do list…
15. Frozen Ever After – Opening June 2016, this boat ride through the fairy tale world of Arendelle is guaranteed to be a favorite for any Frozen fan. Board your vessel in the Norway pavilion of World Showcase.
14. Gran Fiesta Tour – For a complimentary experience with south-of-the-border flair, hop on board Mexico’s Gran Fiesta Tour. Featuring plenty of culture and Donald Duck himself, this boat ride is charming and the wait is hardly ever more than 10 minutes.
13. Innoventions – Innoventions is an ever-changing collection of scientific exhibits. Sum of all Thrills (a two person virtual thrill ride) might have a significant wait, but the other attractions move people through quickly. A new favorite is Colortopia, an immersive experience that lets you paint with light.
12. Agent P’s Adventure – If you have kids (and even if you don’t) take the time to sign up for Agent P’s Adventure before you explore World Showcase. Kids (a.k.a. agents) receive assignments via a borrowed cell phone. Along the way, they’ll uncover clues and unlock secret surprises. Well worth your time!
11. Imagination – Imagination is a classic Epcot attraction (though some adults don’t realize it’s been significantly changed since our childhood). Kids still enjoy Figment’s mischief…but hold your nose in the smell lab! Also, save some time to explore the “What If” Labs after the ride for some hands-on fun.
10. Mission: SPACE – Ever wonder what it feels like to be an astronaut? Now’s your chance to experience shuttle training in a NASA-style simulator. Afterwards, continue your training in the Advanced Training Lab where your family can work as a team to repair the shuttle or explore a stellar indoor playground.
9. Spaceship Earth – Or “The Big Ball Ride”, as my kids say. Even though this ride is an Epcot icon, the wait time is never very long. Travel through time to see how history has shaped our technology and communication, then create a virtual version of the future. There are fun exhibits underneath “The Ball” too.
8. Matsuriza – In the Japanese pavilion you’ll find an amazing tribute to Taiko, a traditional combination of drumming and rhythmic dance. Grab some sushi and settle in—you won’t want to miss it!
7. The Seas – Nemo and his friends take you to their big blue world in this ride+aquarium mashup. Allot plenty of time here to view sharks, manatees, stingrays, tropical fish, and other undersea exhibits. There’s even a dolphin show, if you can time it right.
6. Voices of Liberty – This classic vocal show in the America pavilion will leave you feeling patriotic and inspired. The singing is beautiful and the air conditioned dome is refreshing—a winning combination.
5. Serveur Amusant – Grab a crepe or some ice cream and prepare to be amazed by the balancing acts in the French Pavilion. You’ll be holding your breath and shaking your head at the skill and precision of the performer.
4. Jeweled Dragon Acrobats – Speaking of skill and precision, the team of acrobats in the China pavilion are incredible as well! From tumbling to pyramids to springy stilts, these athletes will wow you with their strength and gracefulness.
3. Test Track – Create your own concept car and compete against others, all while enjoying a thrilling ride. This is not the dummy version Test Track of Epcot-past. Instead, expect a sleek and exhilarating ride that includes your very own “test car”.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. IllumiNations – No Epcot day is complete without the beautiful laser, water, firework, and pyrotechnic extravaganza that is IllumiNations. It’s as much a feast for the senses as it is a tribute to our planet.
1. Soarin’ – Soarin’ is getting ready to reopen for a limited time in its original version (the California flight). Then in early summer 2016 you’ll be able to experience the all-new Soarin’ flight around the world, presumably making a popular favorite even better! Be sure to get a Fast Pass for this one!
So there you have 15 Epcot favorites. But guess what? This is by no means a comprehensive list! What are some of your Epcot must-dos?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: