With over 300 places to dine across Walt Disney World Resort, and that’s not counting the portable food carts, that means guests at Walt Disney World Resort have more than 6,000 different food items from which they can choose! WOW! We’ve curated a list of staggering foodie facts for you to enjoy.
1. 125 orders of meatloaf and mashed potatoes are ordered every day at 50’s Prime Time Cafe at the Disney Hollywood Studios. That’s a lot of home cookin’!
2. 7 million hamburgers are eaten in the park yearly.
3. 5 million hotdogs are eaten yearly.
4. 1.4 million barbecued turkey legs are gnawed at each year at Walt Disney World.
5.3.3 million chocolate covered Mickey Mouse ice cream bars are sold every year in WDW
6. 6 hours – the amount of time needed to cook each turkey leg.
7. 1,200 pizza-a-matic pizzas are made each hour, and it takes 4 to 5 minutes to make each pizza.
8. 1,200 pounds of ribs are smoked at one time at the Flame Tree BBQ – I’d love to see that smoker!
9. .5 million pounds – that’s the amount of macaroni and cheese eaten each year.
10. 5 – the number of party chefs that make wedding cakes exclusively for Disney guest weddings – That’s a lot of bridal receptions!
11. 350 – the number of chefs cooking at Disney World.
12. 1 million pounds of watermelon are eaten in 1 year at the park. That’s a lot of melon carving!
13. 5 million servings of popcorn are eaten each year. That’s 322,000 pounds of uncooked popcorn Kernels!
14. A staggering 3677 total seats are available at Disney’s Hollywood Studio restaurants.
15. 18.2 million packets and 2 million pounds of bulk ketchup are used at WDW annualy.
Disney World Food isn’t just for kids! These stats will impress even the most discriminating adult foodie:
16. Victoria and Albert’s, AAA Five Diamond Award Recipient – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort super posh restaurant boasts 700 selections on their wine list.
17. A 7-course custom menu is served at Victoria & Albert’s. 7 courses? That’s an appetizer, salad, sherbet to cleanse the palette, soup, entree, dessert… what’s the other one?
18. Additionally 4,200 selections of wine are in the cellar of this famed restaurant.
19. 13 courses are served at the chef’s table, an exclusive dining experience, inside the kitchen of Victoria and Albert’s. This extraordinary dining experience last 4 hours! I wonder how many calories that adds up to?
22. 10,000 dessert soufflés a year come out of the oven at Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
20. 550 sommeliers at Disney have been awarded the Court of Master Sommelier Introductory Certificate.
21. 300 sommeliers are currently employed in Walt Disney World Resort restaurants.
23. 70 pounds of vine-ripened tomatoes are served at the California Grill every night during “tomato season,” July through November.
24. 720 pounds of pasta are served daily at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano at Hollywood Studio.
25. 26.2 miles – the length of bratwurst served every 60 days at the Biergarten restaurant in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. That, by the way, is the length of a marathon!
Ok… Now I’m totally hungry!!! If you’ve ever eaten at Victoria and Albert’s or any of the other restaurants we’ve mentioned in this article, we’d love to hear about your experience. Leave your comments below!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >