So it’s a known fact that you don’t get to ask my boys or myself why we want to go to Disney… all the time. We just do. We love it and the way we feel when we are there. But for some people, that just isn’t enough of an answer. So I have complied a list of our top 5 reasons why we love to go to Disney.
5. The Resorts – Hopefully your Disney vacations include a stay at an on-property resort. Each Disney hotel has some special treats and magic of its own that make it worth a stay. One of the things we enjoy about going to Disney is spending time exploring our resort and all it has to offer. Some of the best pools and entertainment can be found at these resorts. We love taking a dip during a mid-day break from the parks and have made a few trips around the lake on surrey bikes as well. It’s also fun to explore the other resorts too.
4. The Food – If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, we love Disney for its food almost as much as we love it for the characters and attractions. One of the best things about going on a Disney vacation is picking all the fun places we love to eat. We always hit up a few of our favorites of each type of dining so we can get a little of everything on our trip. We love our Disney food so much, that in between trips we try to recreate a few of our favorites at home. It is definitely one of the reasons we always want to go back. Another reason we love going to Disney for the food, is the character interaction we get at the character meals. The all-you-can-eat buffet certainly helps, but it’s the one on one time you get to spend with those characters that has us booking those meals again and again.
3. The Rides – One of the best reasons we have for wanting to go to Disney is the fun we have on the rides. We have thrill seekers of all levels in our family and we make sure that we all have some fun. We love hearing the countdown on Rock n Roller Coaster, or trying to be the high score on Toy Story Midway Mania. Even as my boys have gotten older, and they love to run off to ride Test Track and Expedition Everest; we still visit our favorites from when they were younger and first started loving Disney too. As a mom, I truly enjoy that Disney has rides that I get to enjoy with each one of my boys separately and rides that we can all enjoy together. There are even a few I get to ride with my husband.
2. The Magic – I know it sounds cliché to say that Disney is magical, but it truly is. From the moment you enter the gates, until you walk out of them at the end of the day; you can’t help but feel all the magic. The attractions, parades, characters and firework shows all have a touch of Disney magic that keep us wanting to come back again and again. We enjoy the music playing in each part of the parks and for each attraction. The smells that welcome you to Main Street or even back to the Jurassic Era on Dinosaur are all part of what we describe as doing things Disney. It’s what makes it all so real and magical. Believe me when I tell you no vacation is all rainbows and flowers; but even when things go wrong or we have a minor Disney overload meltdown, it still feels good to know that you are in the “happiest place on Earth”. Besides, after a good meltdown, who doesn’t love a warm Mickey shaped pretzel?
1. The Memories – I absolutely love making memories with my family and Disney has played a huge part in our scrapbooks and photo albums. We can’t wait to go back to Disney to see our favorite shows and parades. We look forward to having our pictures taken with characters, new and old. We make memories on rides while posing for action shots and screaming with our hands held high on Splash Mountain. We love going to Disney to make memories while just spending time together as a family hanging out at our resort pool lounging in the Florida sun. It’s what makes Disney so addicting and why we can’t wait to go back.
It’s really hard to verbalize what makes me what to go to Disney besides just answering “because I need too”. Going to Disney for us is more about all the wonderful feelings we have while we are there. But if you need some reasons, or maybe some convincing, hopefully these 5 are a great place to start.
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share their expert advice and their services are totally FREE!
Photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper