Taking a trip to Walt Disney World is exciting no matter when you go. Celebrating your birthday while you’re there only adds to the excitement! Here are 5 ways to celebrate your birthday at the Happiest Place on Earth!
1. Grab a button! Stop by Guest Services at any of the theme parks and ask for a free birthday button. Wear it around the parks, restaurants and your resort hotel. You’ll be amazed at how many cast members and just regular people will wish you a “Happy Birthday!” Tip: Wear your birthday button during your entire trip, not just on your actual birthday. Make it a birthday “week”!
2. Tell Disney! When making your hotel and dining reservations, the Disney cast member will likely ask you if you are celebrating any special occasions on your trip. Not only may you get birthday greetings and smiles, but it gives the cast member an opportunity to go the extra step. One time, my wife received a phone call from Goofy, wishing her a “Happy Birthday!”
3. Plan a special meal! Disney World has dozens of good restaurants, both inside the theme parks and at the resort hotels. Maybe you want to “splurge” at an upscale restaurant like Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. How about a character meal, and the Disney characters will be “guests” at your birthday party?!? Maybe you just want to snack or drink around the world at Epcot’s World Showcase. Whatever you decide, live it up!
4. Pamper yourself! Since it’s your birthday, consider an upgrade to a deluxe resort or a concierge-level room. Can’t afford a whole week at those prices? Consider just one night, perhaps at the end of your trip. Maybe you would enjoy one of the spa packages offered at some of the deluxe resorts. Celebrating your child’s birthday? They need pampering too! Check out the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique at either the Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney to give your little girl a princess makeover. Boys and girls can enjoy a Pirate makeover at the Pirates League in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom.
5. Fireworks! Sure, Disney does fireworks (almost) every night, but there are ways you can make them extra special! Did you know you can book a special fireworks cruise, either at Epcot for Illiminations or at Magic Kingdom for Wishes? Or, consider the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party in the Magic Kingdom for a special viewing spot for Wishes.
Start planning your birthday celebration Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share their expert advice and their services are totally FREE!