MagicBands are your keys to the kingdom. This new innovative technology allows you to access almost anything from entering one of the theme parks to purchasing a meal anywhere throughout Walt Disney World®. The following list is my “Top 5 things you must know about MagicBands:
5. MagicBand uses radio frequency (RF) technology that can be recognized at any touch point station. These stations will recognize information stored in your “My Disney Experience” for convenience when making a purchase as well as access into your hotel room to name a few. (There is no GPS located on the band so your safety is ensured.)
4. Check into FastPass+ locations. This eliminates the need to get a paper FastPass ticket because your FastPass information is stored right onto your MagicBand.
3. Disney PhotoPass images can be linked to your MagicBand. Simply allow the photographer to scan your band in various PhotoPass locations and access the images from your account.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Charge merchandise and food to your Disney Resort hotel room.
1. Customize your own MagicBand prior to your arrival. Log into your Disney account and pick your favorite color and name you would like associated to your own personal MagicBand.