Walt Disney World is known as the most magical place on earth! You know you’ve been sprinkled with “pixie dust” when you enter the gates and you feel like a kid again. Only at Disney will you see kids and grown-ups alike wearing Mickey Mouse ears or a Goofy hat. Another fun “wearable” souvenir is face-painting. Here are 5 things you need to know about face-painting at Disney.
1. There are five face-painting locations at Disney, one in each of the theme parks and one at Downtown Disney. They are: Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland near the Space Mountain restrooms, Epcot near the Outpost in World Showcase, Hollywood Studios across from Toy Story Midway Mania, Animal Kingdom in Harambe Village in the Africa section of the park and in Downtown Disney near Guest relations.
2. Face-painting is not just for kids! Whether you’re a kid or a kid-at-heart, don’t hesitate to enjoy this fun experience. As long as you can sit still for 10-15 minutes, you’re good to go!
3. Cost – The cost runs from $12-$20, depending on what design you choose. Also, touch-ups are included in the cost, as long as you retain your receipt. Just remember, you will have to wait in line for touch-ups, along with everyone else.
4. Seasonal options are available. Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween or Christmas, if you don’t see what you want, just ask the cast member.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
5. Designs can be customized. At each face-painting station, you will find a variety of options. Feel free to ask the artist to substitute different colors or even a partial design. Ask for a smaller or half version – your artist will advise you of any adjusted price.