When you think of Disney World, the first thought that comes to mind is probably Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is the most popular park on property—it welcomes 16 to 18 million guests a year! As Magic Kingdom will most likely be the first stop on your Disney vacation, here are 5 things you should know about entering the park:
5) Unless you are staying on property, you will need to take two forms of transportation – if you are driving to Magic Kingdom, you will need to park your car, take a tram (or walk) to the ticket and transportation center and then take the monorail or ferryboat to the front entrance of the park. Be sure to allow yourself extra time to get to the park if you have early reservations or fastpasses. If you are staying on property, the bus from your resort will take you directly to the front entrance.
4) You must have a ticket before getting to the park entrance – the other three parks have ticket windows at the front entrance, but Magic Kingdom does not. If you do not have a ticket and you have to buy one, remember to utilize the ticket windows at the ticket and transportation center before boarding a monorail or ferryboat to the main entrance. If you purchased tickets online, you can pick them up at the ticket and transportation also or at the guest relations’ booth outside of the park entrance.
3) There is a bag check and random security check before entering the park – this is implemented at all of the parks, but because Magic Kingdom gets busier than the others it’s important to remember this when you’re planning the beginning of your day. If it’s possible, have one person in your party bring a bag so that you all don’t have to go through the bag check line.
2) Magic Kingdom now offers early morning hours and after hour’s tickets – on select days, you can purchase a ticket to enter the Magic Kingdom a few hours prior to park opening or stay later after the park is closed. These are separate ticketed events and are meant to give you a less crowded Magic Kingdom experience with minimal wait times at your favorite attractions.
1) You can enter the park early if you have a dining reservation– if you manage to snag an early morning breakfast reservation before the park opens, you get to enter the park early! Not only do you get a chance to start your day on a magical foot, but also you can get that perfect castle shot that will make all of your friends back home jealous.
A trip to Magic Kingdom is the best way to start your vacation at the ‘most magical place on earth.’ Knowing the details of entering the park before you get there will make things a lot easier once you finally arrive, so be prepared!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: