A trip to Disney is a wonderful experience no matter the time of year, but when you’re in sunny Florida in the Spring, Summer or Fall, you may be in for some hot, humid weather that can wreak havoc on hair and skin. We’ve got a few tips for all you girls that want to look your best while enjoying Disney despite the heat, humidity and rides that soak you to the skin!
1. Begin with a well moisturized face and neck. Choose a facial moisturizer containing SPF of 30 or higher and apply liberally but don’t stop there. Make sure you apply a healthy amount of sunblock to the rest of your body as well to stave off sunburn. Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunblock goes on without the usual white haze so you won’t look like you belong in the haunted mansion at Magic Kingdom. You can even add a dollop of sunless tanning cream to sunblock to achieve a healthy glow.
2. Next, apply foundation primer. Look for brands containing silicone which helps your foundation/BB cream stay put all day and minimize pores and fine lines. Try CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer which provides continuous hydration and moisturization.
3. Even out skin with a tinted moisturizer or beauty balm cream or light foundation. These products don’t provide full coverage but allow skin to breathe without being too opaque. Added bonus – look for formulas with SPF for added sun protection. We like Neutrogena Visibly Even BB Cream for light coverage and a luminous finish.
4. Glam up cheeks and eyes – when choosing your glamour items like eyeshadow and blush – cream formulas are more long-lasting than powders. We recommend Too Faced Cream Eyeshadow and the following cream blushes.
5. The eyes have it! How can your eyes still look great after sweating all day and riding Kali River Rapids? We have 2 words for you – waterproof mascara! For best results, first apply mascara primer to protect lashes from the drying effects of waterproof mascara. Mascara primer also makes mascara last longer and lashes look more lush.
7. Don’t forget your eyebrows. Here’s a little trick. Add a little color, definition and hold to your brows with your waterproof mascara. Remove a little of the mascara from the wand with a tissue and sweep the mascara wand lightly through brows for color and hold that lasts all day long.
8. Have a great hair day. With Florida’s nearly constant humidity, hair can really take a beating an end up looking unkept and frizzy. For foolproof locks, my personal favorite is a baseball hat and ponytail but this may not be appropriate for a meal at Cinderella’s Table in Magic Kingdom. For a little more upscale hair that’s weatherproof, apply a dime’s worth of pomade or texturizing cream and twist hair into a side-swept bun. If you’re one of those lucky girls with a thick head of hair, try a low ponytail or braid but remember to finish with pomade or texturizing cream to keep fly-away’s and frizz at bay.
We’re not trying to look like beauty queens riding rides and visiting Disney friends around the parks. However, it’s nice to put your best face forward especially when you consider that you’ll be in lots of photos with family and friends throughout the day. So, take a little time and pamper yourself! After all, you’re on vacation at the most magical place on earth!