You may think that simply staying at a Disney World resort is all the magic you get, but Disney doesn’t just stop at the room. There is magic all over Disney resorts for you to experience, so make sure you enjoy everything Disney has in store for you.
1. Early Check-In – If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can check in up to 60 days early. Doing this online means that when you show up on arrival day, you can go straight to your room and by-pass the crowd at the front desk. If your room isn’t ready yet, they will text or email you when it is and thanks to the MagicBand, you can head right to your room. So speaking of those MagicBands…
2. MagicBands – About 30 days before your vacation, Disney sends you your personalized MagicBands. These bands will act as your tickets to the park, resort room key, dining plan pass, FastPass+, photo pass and you can even charge purchases to it. If you are flying into Orlando, you will also use your MagicBand to board the Magical Expression, Disney’s free transportation from the airport to any Disney resort.
3. Extra Magic Hours – Disney resort guests are able to take advantage of extra magic hours in the parks on a rotating schedule. Some of these are in the morning and others are late night after park closing. Disney now offers extended magic hours for a fee, but as a resort guest, you still can enjoy the regular Magic Hours for free. Another great thing about being a Disney resort guest is that during the holidays and extra crowded days, resort guests are allowed entry into the parks even when they have stopped letting in other guests due to crowds.
4. Mousekeeping – If you have never stayed in a Disney resort then there are a few pleasant surprises coming your way from the staff at Mousekeeping. Whenever they come to service your room, not only do they refill the awesome Disney H2O toiletries, but they leave behind towel animals, make sure your stuffed animals are having fun and sometimes leave a little something special to show how much they appreciate you. Just make sure you leave them a little something when you check-out too.
5. Package Delivery – If you are a big shopper and love to buy things from different parks, but hate to carry all that around, then you will love the FREE package delivery that Disney offers to all the resort guest. You can buy things from any park and sometime during the day, or the next, your purchase will show up at your resort gift shop for you to pick up when you are ready.
6. Entertainment – Did you know that every resort lobby has some place fun for kids to sit while you take care of checking-in or any other business at the front desk? The sitting area around these spots usually are themed for the resort and have a TV showing Disney clips and short movies. Want more entertainment? Almost every resort pool offers pool parties for free throughout the day. This is a time when Cast Members come out to the pool to play games, music and even have prizes for the kids to win. If you still need more, make sure to check out the resort arcades. These little gems are tucked away usually by the front desk or resort gift shop.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
7. Disney does Themes – Make sure to take a little time to enjoy all the wonders of the theme of your Disney resort. Jump into Andy’s room with a giant Buzz and Woody at the All-Star Movies resort. If you are staying at the Caribbean Beach resort, take a leisurely swing in the hammocks on the beach. If you love nature, be sure to see all the animals on location at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. No matter if you are at a value resort or deluxe, Disney has a touch of magic at all of them to make sure you feel like you are truly in a magical place.
There is so much more to explore and enjoy at each Disney resort, this is just a start. Every time we go, I still find something new I never noticed before that just adds to the magic of Disney. Perhaps while you are out enjoying these things, you find a few more of your own on your next trip to Walt Disney World resorts.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: