You can never go wrong with a Disney Cruise! No matter which one you choose, you will enjoy the Disney caliber of service and excellence every step of the way. But for those who are debating between the four Disney vessels, please use this article in conjunction with the three others in this comparison series to help determine which ship is the best choice for your party. Take note the the Dream and the Fantasy are sister ships, so they are almost identical in what they offer onboard. However, here are some things you can only find on the Disney Fantasy ship…
7. Minnie Mouse – Every DCL ship has an original bronze statue that serves as a focal piece in the atrium lobby. On the Fantasy, it’s the lovable Minnie Mouse, dressed to the nines in fancy vintage cruise wear. A photo with her makes a great memento since she’s a Fantasy exclusive.
6. Monster’s Academy – The Fantasy’s Oceaneer Club is the only place where kids can join Mike and Sully in a Monstropolis playground! A monster-size structure is perfect for capturing your little beasts’ screams and laughs, and the computer stations offer unique games for them to enjoy.
5. Europa – Nightlife aboard a Disney ship is never dull, and the Fantasy is no exception. Europa is an area designed for adults with three exclusive nightclubs. The Tube, themed after a London subway station, is a fun 70’s era club where you can find original mixed drinks like “Mind the Gap”. For a more romantic setting, head to La Piazza for sophisticated drinks in a venue with Italian countryside flare. And for a taste of France, try one of the champagne cocktails at Ooh La La such as the “Elderbubble”. A visit to Europe while in the Caribbean? Sounds like a fantasy. Oh wait…it is!
4. Make Music – Every DCL ship has a Oceaneer Lab, but the Fantasy offers a unique activity to Lab participants. Sound Studio is an interactive experience for little musicians. Not only can they listen to Disney classics, they’ll have the opportunity to create their own.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. Star Wars at Sea – The force is strong on the Fantasy. On select sailings, Star Wars fans have the once-in-a-millennium chance to experience the Star Wars Day at Sea. Cruisers will have the chance to meet characters such as Darth Vader and Boba Fett, and they can also get autographs from special Star Wars celebrities and insiders. Star Wars movies (including the new Episode VII!) will be screened for entertainment, and padawans can try the sea version of the Jedi Training Academy. Exclusive merchandise and food is offered on the big day, and to top it off there’s a deck party complete with lasers and fireworks. Can it get any better for a Star Wars enthusiast?
2. Exclusive Musicals – All the Broadway-style shows are incredible, but the Fantasy is the only ship where you can view two unique offerings. The performance of Aladdin the Musical is an over-the-top production that rings true with the tale you know and love. Disney Wishes is a modern collaboration of several Disney classics told from the viewpoint of three Disneyland visitors who wish for “the ride of their lives”. Both are sure to be a feast for the senses.
1. AquaDuck – Although it’s not exactly a Fantasy exclusive (the Dream has one too!), the AquaDuck is worth mentioning because of the imagineering. You can only find a water-coaster like this aboard the DCL sister ships! Hop on an inflatable tube and let the water propel you through 765 feet of slides and tubes that take you over almost the entire deck and even out over the water. The fun is unprecedented!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking Disney cruise with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!