You can never go wrong with a Disney Cruise! No matter which one you choose, you will enjoy the Disney caliber of service and excellence every step of the way. But for those who are debating between the four Disney vessels, please use this article in conjunction with the three others in this comparison series to help determine which ship is the best choice for your party. Here are some things you can only find on the Disney Wonder ship…
7. Ariel – Now, I’m sure that Ariel makes appearance on other ships, but the underwater princess wants to be part of your world from day one of cruising on the Wonder. Each ship has it’s own iconic character statue to welcome guests aboard in the atrium lobby. On the Wonder, it’s Ariel who claims the place of honor. Snap a picture with her – no underwater camera necessary.
6. Alaskan Voyages – Itineraries are always changing, but at time of writing, the Wonder is the only ship where you can enjoy the icy grandeur of Alaska. Of course, along with that comes the options to see the West Coast or even do a trip through the Panama Canal and see both oceans. Since most of the fleet spends its time in the Caribbean, these itineraries definitely set the Wonder apart.
5. Exclusive Dining – All of the DCL ships use the wonderfully innovative rotational dining method, where guests get to hop around the dining rooms for dinner (i.e. each night you get a different dining room assignment). On the Wonder you’ll experience two unique dining experiences. Triton’s is an under-the-sea venue that pays tribute to the ship’s main princess. But you’ll find that seafood is just one of many delicious options on the vast menu. Parrot Cay is a colorful dining room that will instantly put you in a festive mood. Here you’ll enjoy a taste of tropical cuisine that is sure to delight.
4. Neverland Oceaneer Club – Every Disney vessel is equipped with the ever-popular Oceaneer’s Club. But the Wonder stands apart since it is the only Oceaneer club that beckons wee sailors aboard a Neverland pirate ship. You’ll have a hard time pulling your would-be pirates away from this unique area!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. Exclusive Musical – Disney is known for first-rate shows, and the entertainment aboard the Wonder definitely lives up to expectations. Plus, the Wonder is the only ship where you’ll be able to see Toy Story: The Musical, a lively production that boys and girls of all ages are sure to adore. The storyline remains true to the original movie, but six brand-new songs have been written just for this amazing stage show. Sounds like this one will send your spirits soaring to infinity…and beyond!
2. Nightlife – Speaking of entertainment, the Wonder is equipped with an area called Route 66 that caters to the late-night adult crowd with three unique adult nightclubs. Wave Bands is the place for those who want some interactive fun. In addition to specialty martinis, this club will serve up karaoke, dance parties, and game shows all in a venue that makes you feel like you’re inside a giant radio. The Cadillac Lounge is a laid back piano bar with a vintage feel. Or try the upbeat sports bar, Diversions where you’ll find big screen TVs and complimentary snacks. In addition, the Wonder offers a lounge called Studio Sea, a family friendly venue that offers trivia, dance parties, and other games and serves up smoothies in addition to cocktails.
1. Stitch’s Great Adventure – The Oceaneer Lab on the Wonder boasts wonderful kids’ activities, just like the Labs on the other ships. However, the Wonder’s Oceaneer Lab is the only place where your kids can help Stitch in a quest to capture all of Jumba’s genetic experiments before they cause trouble. If you’ve got a lover of Experiment 626 like I do, you know this exclusive activity is a pretty big deal!
As you can see, the Disney Wonder is, well, wonderful! What makes you love the Wonder most? Check out our other comparison articles for exclusives on the Magic, Fantasy, and Dream.Check out our other comparison articles for exclusives on the Magic, Dream, and Fantasy.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking Disney cruise with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!