On our most recent trip to the Magic Kingdom, my kids and I stopped in for a quick bite at Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland. Here are a few reasons we are glad we did…
7. Prices – Cosmic Ray’s is a counter service restaurant, which of course means it’s among the most thrifty options at Disney World. The prices for adult meals range from around $8 for an adult hotdog meal to around $17 for an adult chicken and ribs entree. Kids meals run around $6 each. With a large family of mostly small children, counter service is always a great value for us, and Cosmic Ray’s did not disappoint.
6. Speed – Cosmic Ray’s delivers your food at light speed! Our experience at other counter service restaurants around WDW had sometimes left us waiting for our food for around 10 minutes. That’s not horrible. But we got our food at Cosmic Ray’s in less than 5 minutes! Hooray – more time for fun!
5. Food Options – There are numerous food choices available at Cosmic Ray’s. The first thing you should know when making a selection is the difference in the “Bays”. Bay 1 is the ONLY section where you can order any type of rotisserie chicken meal, including the chicken and ribs combo. Bays 2 and 3 offer salad and sandwich options, including pulled pork sandwich, deluxe chicken sandwich (with bacon!), Greek salad, and Angus burgers. However, we were slightly disappointed by the lack of kid’s meal options. Kids could choose from a turkey sandwich, Uncrustables PBJ, or chicken nuggets. Those are great options especially when you know they come with two sides and a drink, but with so many adult meals to choose from, we were surprised the kids’ options were somewhat limited.
4. Drink Options – Again, lots of fun ways to hydrate! Of course, your regular soft drinks are served. You can also choose a cherry slush or a number of different iced coffee drinks – a perfect midday pick-me-up! Plus, you can add a Mickey silly straw to any drink for around 70 cents.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. Seating – There is tons of seating at Cosmic Ray’s! I’m sure that at times it must get crowded, but we were there on the early side of lunch and had plenty of tables to choose from. There are basically three sections of indoor seating, as well as some tables outside if you find yourself there on a nice cool day.
2. Restrooms – This may seem inconsequential to some, but to me the restrooms at a restaurant are very important. We usually use our food stop for our bathroom stop, just so that we can eliminate some potential emergencies later. The bathrooms at Cosmic Ray’s are clean and very well-lit, even in the hallway by the entrance (important to moms who take four kids by themselves!).
1. Entertainment – I’ve saved the best for last! Cosmic Ray’s even has entertainment! That’s right, Sonny Eclipse, an animatronic alien will serenade you with his stellar singing and charm you with his intergalactic humor. Beware, the cheesiness level is high, but that’s perfect for kids (and kids at heart!). My three year olds were bopping their heads and shaking their hips to Sonny’s beats for sure! Lunchtime should be fun at Disney, and Cosmic Ray’s fit the bill perfectly.
Swing on by Cosmic Ray’s on your next visit to Magic Kingdom. For fast, delicious food with a bit of space silliness – it’s outta this world!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!