There is nothing better than being on a Disney vacation and having your hotel feel like an added vacation bonus. That is exactly what we love about staying at the Caribbean Beach resort on the Walt Disney World property. There are so many things to love about this resort and if you have never been and are looking for a moderate price resort, this is a great choice.
7 Things You’ll Love About the Caribbean Beach Resort
7. The hammocks – Many people don’t think a Disney vacation can be relaxing, but I say you just aren’t doing it right. One thing to love about this resort is the hammocks spread throughout the resort grounds. You can find them near the beach and water, under shady palm trees and close by some of the smaller pool areas. They are great for taking a minute to relax and breathe in the quiet you can’t always find in other parts of Disney World.
6. Ahoy matey’s – If you don’t mind spending just a little more on your room at the Caribbean Beach, why not get a pirate themed room. These rooms are decked out in some of the best pirate décor you can find. The beds are pirate boats complete with cannons, sails and even a steering wheel. There is huge wooden crates and chests to store your belongings and even a wooden barrel that keeps your fridge. Besides having Captain Jack be your bell boy, there isn’t much missing from these fun resort rooms.
5. Paradise at the pool– The pool at the Caribbean Beach is always voted as one of the best at the resorts and there is a reason why…slides. The main pool has a few water slides that keep the kids busy for hours, and even some adults too. There is also a great splash/slide area for the smaller pirates in your family. All of these great pools are pirate and Caribbean themed as well, so you never feel like you left the islands or the adventure. We never have a problem finding a place to set up camp under an umbrella and have spent many hours at this pool just enjoying the Florida weather. This pool is definitely worth the hype and another great reason to stay at the resort. You can also find other, less crowded pools all throughout the resort buildings.
4. Island flavors – If you love to try new foods while on vacation, make sure to stop in at Shutters and try some island inspired dishes. This is a table service restaurant that offers ribs, seafood and chicken choices with just a touch of the Caribbean. If you don’t have time for a sit down meal, then the food court will also have something for every member in your party. They serve the classics like pizza and burgers and they also have nightly specials with different grilled selections. You can find a grab and go section also, in case you are in a hurry to catch a bus. All this delicious food is served in a nicely themed island town plaza close to the pool and a Disney shuttle stop.
3. Recreational treasures – If you are looking to have some fun outside the parks, look no further than this resort. You can rent surrey bikes and take a ride around the resort on a paved path. You can also plan a guided fishing trip to one of the stocked lakes where you can catch and release until the sun goes down. If you are a RunDisney addict like me, you can even take a jog around the resort on a well-marked trail. There is also regular bike rentals, playgrounds and volleyball courts. If you want to venture off the property, just a few short steps will find you at one of the Disney World miniature golf courses.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Sail the seven seas – Well not really, but you can hop aboard with even your youngest pirates for a Pirate Adventure Cruise that leaves from the Caribbean Beach resort. You can hear stories from the past and look for treasure and never have to leave your resort. These cruises are kids only and weather permitting, so make sure to check in with the front desk to make sure they are sailing when you want to go.
1. Did we mention the beach? – One of the best features of this resort is the beach that lies in the center of it all. While you can’t swim in the water, there is plenty of sand and sun to enjoy anyway. The beach is clean and plentiful and so you never feel crowded. The beach is lined with lounge chairs and hammocks so you can swing and relax while the kids build a castle. In the evenings, they even have a campfires complete with s’mores right on the beach. It really is a special touch that only Disney can do.
Not that anyone ever needs more reasons to go on a Disney vacations, but just case, I am pretty sure you will add this to your list after staying at the Caribbean Beach. We have made this our top choice for several trips now because the resort offers almost as much adventure as the parks themselves.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!