As I was trying to come up with a list of all the awesome and amazing experiences at Disney, I realized it would be hard to narrow the list down to anything less than 50…and no one wants to read a list that long. So I will do my best to sum it up in 8, and my pardons to anyone who has their own list, this was a tough one because there is just so much to love about a vacation to Disney.
8. Electrical Water Parade – I have been to Disney World countless times and didn’t discover this little gem until just recently. It’s a kickback to what Disney was in the beginning and is a nice, free way to wait for your resort bus from Magic Kingdom or to get ready for the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular. You can catch this from almost any Magic Kingdom area resort and from the bus drop-off area outside Magic Kingdom. It’s about 12-15 minutes long and really is something to watch at least once while on your trip to Disney.
7. Expedition Everest – Animal Kingdom – For the thrill seekers in all of us, this ride is a can’t miss one. While it is best served by a fast pass, if you do have to wait in line, at least Disney has given you plenty to look at while you wait. Once you are past the line, get ready to be taken on a fun and fast journey into the Himalayas with a small encounter by the yeti himself.
6. PhilharMagic – Magic Kingdom – I always feel like so many visitors to Disney are missing out on the magic and enjoyment of this attraction. It’s a chance to sit back and enjoy all of the best Disney movie music while watching Donald in a 3D adventure complete with smells and a few surprise splashes. We usually hit this attraction 3-4 times in the days that we spend in Disney and never encounter a wait, unless it is raining, but it is definitely on the list of awesome things to do while at Disney for us.
5. Be Our Guest – Magic Kingdom – This beautiful restaurant is something to see and enjoy. Beast’s castle is built in the newer part of Fantasyland and is something you will want to plan for if you hope to get a seat. Lunch is served as a quick service meal and is first-come, first serve. The wait gets very long, so go first thing or at the end of the lunch time. You simply order from a touch screen menu and then your food appears at your table. Dinner can be reserved up to 180 days before your visit. Rumor has it that you may be able to start having breakfast here soon, I would love to start my day with breakfast at the castle, so fingers crossed this happens.
4. Soarin’ – Epcot – Even though the wait for this can get long, (plan a fast pass selection if you can) you won’t want to miss your chance to “fly” over California. You glide over all of the amazing landscapes of the state and even experience some smells you may miss if you traveled there by car. It is a fairly relaxing ride, so even your more tame family members will enjoy being swept away to soar over San Francisco, Palm Springs and San Diego to name just a few.
3. Festival of the Lion King – Animal Kingdom – After receiving a brand new venue in Animal Kingdom, this show has become more popular than ever, and for good reason. It truly is something great to see. The music and the costumes are just highlights for the amazing singers, dancers and acrobats. Not to mention the fire-eater and of course the main characters of the Lion King. This toe-tapping show will make your visit to Disney more magical, so make sure to catch one of the many showings offered during the day.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Character meals – I am so sorry I wasn’t able to nail down just one character dining experience to put on this list because we have so many favorites. But it is important to know that if you can, try to have at least one during your visit. Aside from the delicious, and usually all you can eat buffets, the time you get away from huge crowds with the characters makes this one awesome experience to have. We love Chef Mickey’s, O’hana and Crystal Palace, just to name a few, but there is many more to pick from. When you choose, make sure to pick the ones your family would love the most and look at the menu to make sure you won’t be wasting your money on food. Remember that these can be booked up to 180 days before you go and some do fill up very quick.
1. Nighttime Shows – Again, I just wasn’t able to pick one of these because they are all so awesome. If you have the time to do it, make sure to put these 3 shows in your plans. Illuminations at Epcot is a nightly laser light, fireworks, water show set to great music in the center of World Showcase Lagoon. Grab a snack from one of the many countries around the lagoon and then grab a seat and be amazed. Fantasmic, at Hollywood Studios, is a nighttime show with seating available up to 90 minutes before show time. This is a fireworks, water show that follows Mickey on an adventure through his dreams. Wishes Nighttime Spectacular, in Magic Kingdom is one of the very best Disney fireworks shows that blast off nightly. There is seating for this show throughout the park and you won’t want to miss Tinkerbell as she takes flight over the castle.
Again, there are so many awesome things about Disney, that to narrow the list to a few was a challenge. I guess that’s why we all keep going back again and again, so we don’t miss anything. In fact, I think I am ready to book my next trip as we speak, since making this list has made me want to go catch a few of these things again.
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!