When you think of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you probably think of Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Dinosaur—the three most popular attractions. However, Animal Kingdom has so much more to offer than just exciting, educational and thrilling rides. Just like the other three parks that make up Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom has its own lineup of entertainment that is sure to impress you. In fact, this park is home to two of my favorite entertainment experiences on property! Here are eight entertainment experiences you must see while you’re at Animal Kingdom:
8) Flights of Wonder – If you have ever seen birds flying through the air at the park that looked trained, they were probably part of this show! Located in the Asia section of the park, Flights of Wonder features a bird trainer who will introduce you to at least 20 species of exotic birds and show you their different talents and behaviors inside a small outdoor theatre. There is audience participation for this particular show, so if you want to be involved don’t hesitate to volunteer!
7) Burudika – Located in the Africa section of the park, this street party is filled with musicians playing Afro-pop songs and plenty of African style dancing! You won’t be able to resist joining in on the fun.
6) Chakranadi – Located in the Asia section of the park, you are invited to listen to a talented pair of performers play traditional Indian music. Though it’s a more low key experience than the one in Africa, it’s still worth checking out for the music alone!
5) Discovery Island Carnivale – If you like to party, this is definitely the experience for you. Located on Discovery Island, this vibrant, colorful party features dancers, stilt walkers and musicians that are inspired by Carnival celebrations that actually take place all around the world! The Viva Gaia Street Band, which performs around Animal Kingdom, plays cheerful, upbeat music to get you on your feet and dancing to the beat.
4) Tree of Life Awakenings – This all new nighttime experience began last summer when Disney’s Animal Kingdom began staying open late into the night. Once it’s dark enough, approximately every 10 minutes the tree of life will come alive with the help of fireflies. All of the animals that are so beautifully carved in the tree’s trunk will ‘wake up’ and delight you, thanks to impressive animation and intense color.
3) Rivers of Light – This is the first nighttime show Disney’s Animal Kingdom has ever had and it only debuted a few weeks ago, meaning it’s still incredibly new! This beautiful show celebrates how we are all bound together by earth and spirit and how important it is to have a positive relationship with the earth. This show incorporates many different elements, including fire and water. You will be brought through the Asian jungles, the African savannahs and even North American mountains on this beautiful, inspiring journey. I promise you will be blown away, so this is a must see on your next trip.
2) Finding Nemo: The Musical– If you love Finding Nemo as much as I do, you will be so excited to learn that there is a Broadway style presentation of the film—and it’s AMAZING. This 40 minute show will take you through the story of Nemo, Marlin and Dory in a new way, with original songs truly bringing the story to life. The puppeteers deliver incredible performances and truly blend into the scene, making sure your eyes are on their better halves. You are bound to fall in love with this experience and have ‘just keep swimming’ stuck in your head all day long!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1) Festival of the Lion King – This is, arguably, the best show at Animal Kingdom and throughout all four parks. It’s captivating, immersive and nostalgic. The use of different elements helps to tell the story and bring it to life. If you’re traveling with little ones, there is some audience participation toward the end and they may have the chance to go down to the floor and play instruments with the cast!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom has quite a lot to offer in terms of entertainment, and it’s all worth checking out. Between a new nighttime show, street parties and old classics, there is something for everyone in your party. Make time to experience all of the entertainment at Animal Kingdom on your next visit!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!