Oogie Boogie, the villainous bag of bugs from The Nightmare Before Christmas is creeping into the kitchen. Family.Disney.com is serving up a frightfully good Oogie Boogie Cupcake recipe that, no worries, is not filled with bugs! Although, you’ll want to throw a few gummy worms on the side for a fun effect. Have a frightfully fun time baking, Disney fans!
Oogie Boogie Cupcakes
PREP 20 Min / COOK 15 Min
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- Cupcake frosting tinted “monster” green
- Plastic decorating bag for piping frosting
- Kitchen scissors
- Black licorice
1. Frost the cupcakes with a thin layer of icing.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Place a half marshmallow on the center of each frosted cupcake.
3. Cut off the tip of the plastic decorating bag so that the opening is about 3/4-inch wide. Then fill the bag with green frosting (not too full or the frosting will come out the top when you squeeze it).
4. Working with one cupcake at a time, pipe frosting around the base of the marshmallow and then up and over it, moving toward the center and ending with a large peak.
5. Smooth the surface of the frosting with a butter knife, periodically dipping the tip of the knife in water so the icing will be easier to spread. Don’t worry about making it perfectly smooth — it will look even more like Oogie Boogie with a few lumps and “wrinkles.”
6. Snip a pair of narrow licorice eyes and a wide licorice mouth for each cupcake. Use the tip of a toothpick to gently press the candy pieces into the frosting face, angling the eyes a bit to resemble Oogie Boogie’s.