This DIY Mickey Pie Pot Holder almost looks good enough to eat! Thanks to Family.Disney.com we can add this sweet accessory to our kitchens with a little work as shared below. Happy crafting Disney fan!
Mickey Pie Pot Holder
What You’ll Need:
- Mickey Mouse template
- Tan and dark blue wool felt
- Round pot holder
- Fabric glue
- Needle and thread
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
How To Make It:
- Print the Mickey template on cardstock and cut out. (Be sure to adjust the template according to the size of your pot holder.) Trace 2 Mickey heads on the tan felt — leaving about 1/2″ seam allowance around the pot holder. Cut out. Then cut a short, thin strip of tan felt.
- Place pot holder between your two pieces of Mickey-shaped felt. Attach the felt strip at the top of the pie holder, creating a loop. Secure with a dot of fabric glue. With a needle and tread, stitch along the edges using a simple hand stitch.
- Trace and cut out a Mickey head on the dark blue felt. Place on top of tan piece and secure with fabric glue.
- Cut out 1″ strips of “pie crust” out of tan felt. Arrange strips to create a lattice look and secure all pieces with fabric glue.
- Cut out a scalloped-edge outline of a Mickey head from tan felt, then attach with fabric glue. Allow to set completely before using.
Notes: All cutting and sewing should be done by an adult.