If you are anything like the silly old bear, you will love these cream puffs filled with honey whipped cream from DisneyFamily! Each puff is made of a light, airy pastry paired with a crispy cookie shell and delicate, sweet filling. These Winnie the Pooh Cream Puffs are the absolute cutest treat to munch on. Scroll through to see the delicious recipe.
Winnie the Pooh Cream Puffs
- COOKIE CRUST:
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- CREAM PUFF PASTRY:
- 1 Cup water
- 8 Tbsps unsalted butter
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- HONEY WHIPPED CREAM & DECORATIONS:
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 3 Tbsps honey
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Yellow gel food coloring
- 2 Tbsps dark chocolate chips, melted
- Parchment paper
- Circle cookie cutter
- Piping bags
- Round piping tips (#1A and #8)
Helpful Tip: All stove and oven use should be done by an adult.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Start with the cookie crust. In a mixing bowl, add softened, unsalted butter and light brown sugar, and mix until combined. Then pour in all-purpose flour and mix until crumbled dough forms.
2. Transfer the dough to a working surface and knead it together until a solid round of dough forms. Place it in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll flat. Cut circles with the cookie cutter (you should get around 16 cutouts). Let the dough cool in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
4. Now make the cream puff pastry. Combine water, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted and then bring it to a rolling boil. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
5. Return the pan to the stove and cook over medium heat, continuing to stir until the mixture is smooth. You should be able to form a ball of dough.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
7. Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer and beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. (The mixture will look curdled at first, but once you add all the eggs in and continue mixing it, it will smooth out.)
8. Add batter to a piping bag. Pipe 2” circles onto the prepared baking sheets. Space them about 3-4” apart so they have room to expand.
9. Take the cookie crust dough out from the fridge and place each circle gently on top of the piped cream puffs. (This technique allows the cookie to become a crust.)
10. Bake the pastries for 20-25 minutes or until they’re a medium golden brown. (Remember not to open the oven door while they’re baking or they may deflate!)
11. Remove the puffs from the oven and place them on a rack to cool.
12. Now make the honey whipped cream filling. Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and begin to whip it on high speed with a whisk attachment for about 5 minutes. Add honey, vanilla, and a couple drops of yellow food coloring and mix it on low speed until it’s just incorporated.
13. Fill a pastry bag with your filling. Carefully slice off the top of each cream puff and fill the center—using a large, round piping tip (#1A) inserted into the pastry bag. Fill each until a round mound forms that’s the shape of Pooh’s head. Using another pastry bag fitted with a smaller round tip (#8), pipe 2 ears on the top of his head and 2 feet on the bottom. Then place the top layer of pastry onto Pooh’s head.
14. Using melted dark chocolate, draw Pooh’s facial features with a toothpick. Enjoy!