The only thing more fun than a frozen treat is one that looks like a Disney character! Turn your favorite fruit smoothies into delicious Winnie the Pooh Popsicles for a fun snack that will keep you cool all summer long. This recipe from DisneyFamily is a great way to introduce your kids to smoothies—and the added cuteness of Pooh and friends make them extra special. Scroll through for the tasty Winnie the Pooh recipe.
Winnie the Pooh Popsicles
1 mango, peeled and cubed (fresh or frozen)
2 Cups vanilla yogurt
6 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 orange, peeled and sliced
1/2 Cup blueberries or blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Add the mango, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 cup of yogurt to a blender for Pooh. Repeat the same with the strawberries for Piglet, orange for Tigger, and blueberries or blackberries for Eeyore. Combine each with 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup yogurt.
2. Blend the mixtures until smooth. Taste and add honey until they’re sweet enough to your preference, then blend again.
3. Pour each smoothie into the popsicle molds. For Pooh, fill the molds halfway with the mango smoothie and mostly halfway with some strawberry smoothie—then add a little mango. Top with the lids, then the popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely frozen.
4. While the popsicles are in the freezer, make the character details.
5. Create each of their ears with the corresponding candy melts using a toothpick. Then, make their facial features with dark chocolate and/or colored candy melts. Let the pieces dry for about 30 minutes.
6. Once the popsicles are frozen, remove them from the molds by running them under warm water. Carefully pull each popsicle out of the mold.
7. Drawn on Piglet’s tummy lines with a toothpick and strawberry juice.
8. Apply a small amount of candy melts to the back of each detail to secure them to the popsicles—adding the final touches on the characters. Place them back into the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Enjoy!
We are Disney nerds. Two kids at heart who love the magic and the memories of Walt Disney World! We follow all things Disney and have great experiences with Disney Vacation Club and RunDisney events in particular. We enjoy the vacations, day trips, weekend getaways and geek out over the planning of such events. From lodging to dining to Fastpasses we have a spreadsheet for every occasion. Mike’s frivolous Disney goal is to acquire a magic band of every style while Jamie’s goal is to experience as many Disney desserts as possible. Usually there isn’t a day that passes without some discussion of the master plan of our next trip to the happiest place on earth. Most people think we’re normal – until they travel to Disney with us. We have been married for 16 years and are blessed with a daughter and a son who have already learned the importance of planning ahead! As a family we thoroughly enjoy the magic and the memories at Walt Disney World and are here to help others experience the magic as well.