Create a rope basket inspired by none other than Mickey Mouse! Whether you’re in need of a catch-all, a fruit bowl, or a place to organize odds and ends, this no-sew craft is a great way to add a little Mickey magic to your home or office. Check out what you’ll need and directions as shared by DisneyFamily below!
No-Sew Mickey Rope Basket
Time: 1 Hour
What You’ll Need:
- – 11 yards of 1/4-inch cotton piping (Available in the upholstery section of your local fabric store.)
- – Black fabric dye
- – Mini hot glue gun
- – Scissors
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
How To Make It:
1. Dye 4 yards of the cotton piping, following the dye package instructions, and allow to dry completely.
2. Cut the black piping in half. Each 2 yard piece will be used for an ear.
3. Using a hot glue gun, begin winding the black piping into a spiral. Glue the center carefully so that the end of the piping is tucked in and doesn’t unravel.
4. Continue gluing with small amounts of hot glue.
5. In the last couple of rounds, place the next row of cording on the outer edge of the previous row so that a basket shape is formed. Dab hot glue on the end to prevent unraveling.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 using the remaining 7 yards of un-dyed white piping to create Mickey’s head. The flat base of the basket should be about 3 ½ inches in diameter.
7. Glue each ear onto the head to finish the basket.
Note: All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.