Yee-haw! Lunch just got a tractor tippin’, backwards drivin’ tasty Mater upgrade. Create this Cars-inspired food art from DisneyFamily with some wholesome sides and help from your little ones. The Tireless Adventurers in your family will look forward to spending their lunch creating and enjoying food art inspired by the trustiest tow truck around.
Cars-Inspired Tow Mater Food Art
Prep 30 Min
- 1 Uncrustables® Sandwich
- Kitchen scissors and knife
- Large slice of pepperoni or salami
- Slice of provolone or American cheese
- 2¼-inch length of celery stalk (about 1 inch wide)
- Small piece each of a red, a yellow, and a green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 edible pea pods
- Cucumber slice (about 1 inch wide)
- Pimiento-stuffed green olive
- 2 pretzel nuggets
- Small handful of granola
Helpful Tip: Cutting should be done by an adult.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Take the Uncrustables® Sandwich out of the freezer and set it aside to thaw for 30-60 minutes.
- Print the template and use the pieces as patterns for cutting out a cheese windshield, cheese teeth, and a pepperoni mouth. Wrap the pieces in plastic and keep them chilled for now. Optional: You can also cut the shapes out by hand using the image as inspiration. We encourage you and your family to let your imaginations take over to create your own tow-riffic masterpiece.
- Wash and peel the carrot. Cut a 1¾-inch length from the tip. Then slice the length in half vertically so that you have two triangular shapes for creating “traffic cones.” Next, cut a round (1½ inch wide) slice from the remaining carrot and then slice it in half to create two semi-circles to serve as bottoms for the traffic cones. Cut one more round carrot slice (1 inch wide) for a “headlight.”
- Now it’s time to assemble Tow Mater. Start with the truck cab. For the sides, set two pea pods vertically on the plate to create a frame that is about 3 inches wide. Set a third pea pod crosswise over the tops to create the roof. Set the cheese windshield in place atop the pea pods.
- For the truck hood, set the Uncrustables® Sandwich in place so that the top quarter or so overlaps the bottom of the windshield. Set the salami mouth in place and then top it with the cheese teeth.
- For tires, tuck the tops of the two pretzel nuggets under the bottom edge of the sandwich.
- Set the cucumber and carrot slice headlights in place near the upper edge of the sandwich.
- Cut two slices from the pimiento-stuffed olive and place them atop the windshield for eyes.
- Snip a thin strip from the remaining peapod and place it across the upper corner of the plate to serve as the traffic light cable. Then set the celery-and-pepper light on top of it.
- To complete the scene, assemble the cones on the plate (with the flat cut surfaces facing down). Sprinkle the granola oats in the foreground to serve as “gravel.”