These delicious and adorable Mickey Pizza Pretzels from DisneyFamily are great for beginner (and little) bakers. You’ll learn when to knead the dough, when to let it rise, and how to prepare it for the oven. And if you ask me, there’s no better way to enjoy a pretzel than with pizza toppings. Oh, boy!
Mickey Pizza Pretzels
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup white sugar
1 Tsp salt
1 packet rapid rise (or instant) yeast
1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
3 Cups warm water
1/4 Cup baking soda
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil and oregano
Helpful Tip: If you have extra dough left over, you can place it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last until the next day.
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the rapid rise yeast (instant yeast does not require being dissolved in water). Then make an opening in the middle of the mix and pour in the oil and 1 cup of water.
3. Mix everything together and begin to knead the dough. If the mixture feels too dry, add more water a little bit at a time until the mixture sticks together. Continue to knead the dough for another 5 minutes.
4. Coat the inside of a large bowl with a little bit of oil. Then place the dough in the bowl and cover it with a lid or cling wrap.
5. Leave it in a room temperature spot to rise for 1 hour. After the hour, place the dough on a lightly floured surface.
6. Pour 2 cups of warm water into a medium bowl. Stir in the baking soda, and set to the side. Additionally, grease a baking pan and set to the side.
7. Preheat oven to 450° F.
8. Take a small portion of dough (about the size of a ping pong ball), and begin to roll it in your hands to make the circle for Mickey’s head. Repeat with two smaller portions for his ears.
9. Pinch the ends together to make them stick, then pinch the ears onto the larger circle.
10. Dip the entire pretzel into the water and baking soda mixture, let any excess drip off. Then quickly place on the greased pan. Repeat to make as many as the dough allows.
11. Once you’ve filled the pan with little Mickey pretzels, let them rise again for about 15 minutes. Then, use a small spoon to spread pizza sauce on top of each.
12. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Then, chop up some fresh basil and oregano and sprinkle over the cheese.
13. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and serve!
We are Disney nerds. Two kids at heart who love the magic and the memories of Walt Disney World! We follow all things Disney and have great experiences with Disney Vacation Club and RunDisney events in particular. We enjoy the vacations, day trips, weekend getaways and geek out over the planning of such events. From lodging to dining to Fastpasses we have a spreadsheet for every occasion. Mike’s frivolous Disney goal is to acquire a magic band of every style while Jamie’s goal is to experience as many Disney desserts as possible. Usually there isn’t a day that passes without some discussion of the master plan of our next trip to the happiest place on earth. Most people think we’re normal – until they travel to Disney with us. We have been married for 16 years and are blessed with a daughter and a son who have already learned the importance of planning ahead! As a family we thoroughly enjoy the magic and the memories at Walt Disney World and are here to help others experience the magic as well.