Disney World is full of magical experiences and opportunities. While many things shut down and get quiet at night, Walt Disney World comes to life! Here are some things you don’t want to miss at Walt Disney World after dark:
10. Ride the Tower of Terror – It’s no secret that Hollywood Studios’ Tower of Terror is absolutely terrifying, but imagine how much more terrifying it would be in the dark of night! If you find this ride absolutely exhilarating, give it a try after dark. There is nothing more spectacular and frightening than the view you have once the doors open and you start falling on your trip to the Twilight Zone!
9. Watch Wishes – Fireworks are always incredible, but they are exceptionally magical at Walt Disney World. The fireworks show, Wishes, at Magic Kingdom is unlike anything you’ve experienced in your lifetime. You certainly cannot experience Walt Disney World without taking in this unbelievable show!
8. Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf – This is possibly one of the lesser known experiences at Walt Disney World. Located in the Epcot resort area, Fantasia Garden is a fun experience for the entire family! There are two different courses available: Fantasia Gardens and Fantasia Fairways. The Gardens course is a more family-friendly course with many exciting obstacles and surprises while enjoying music from Fantasia. The Fairways course is a bit more challenging and resembles a traditional golf course on a miniature scale. Why are these more fun at night? The lighting, music, and views of the Tower of Terror all make this an amazing night-time experience!
7. Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is fun at any time of the day. The lines are typically longer for this ride, but at night, they can sometimes shorten during the parade and fireworks. So, if you’ve already experienced Wishes, you’ll definitely want to hop in line later at night! If you get lucky and everything times out just right, you may even get to ride during the fireworks, which makes for an even more unbelievable ride!
6. Watch Fantasmic – Fatasmic is the night-time show at Hollywood Studios and it certainly does NOT disappoint. With it’s lasers, pyrotechnics, and many other special effects, Fantasmic is a show that’ll bring Disney magic to the whole family! Not to mention, it is also a GREAT place to see some hard-to-spot characters like Aladdin and Jasmine!
5. Visit Disney Springs – After a long day at the parks, there’s nothing like visiting Disney Springs! You can grab dinner with the family and stroll through looking at all the many shops. Disney Springs is a fantastic place to get all of your souvenir shopping done so you have more time to experience everything in the parks!
4. Fireworks Cruise – Ferrytale Wishes Fireworks Cruise is an exceptional way to take in the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. You will experience one-of-a-kind views of Wishes, delicious desserts, and specialty drinks while aboard one of the Magic Kingdom ferry boats.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. Catch a movie at your resort – There are great experiences inside the Disney parks at night, but there is so much to take in at the resorts as well. Each night, many of the Walt Disney World resorts show some of the great Disney movies. You can check with your resort for the movie schedule. There’s nothing like watching Beauty and the Beast poolside after a fabulous day at the parks!
2. Dine at the Castle – There’s no better way to feel like a princess than to dine at Cinderella’s Castle. You can dine here all throughout the day, but there is something special about dining at night. Not only that, but they have some unreal romantic dining packages and some are even specially designed for your special occasion (birthday, anniversary, engagement, etc.).
1. Watch the Electrical Parade – This is fun for the whole family! You can watch the parade of a lifetime as your favorite Disney characters come walking down Main Street. The parade is sure to entertain the family from oldest to youngest and will inspire all with it’s finale… an American tribute.
So, now you have many great things to choose from for your night out at Disney so you won’t miss out on the magic of Walt Disney World after dark! Want to know my personal favorite? It’s Wishes!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
Photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper