If you love discussing all things Disney, we have the perfect job for you. We are hiring a full-time writer who can have a creative, fun, interesting, and thought-provoking outlook on the Disney Parks, Disney food, and Disney news as a whole.
This role is perfect for you if you…
- Love Disney Parks (Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and beyond).
- Consider yourself a writer who loves the Disney niche rather than a die-hard Disney fan who likes to write (and you understand the difference).
- Have a keen awareness of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products news.
- Enjoy taking a critical eye to trends and what people want to see.
- Are willing to seek out new leads and writing opportunities, sharpen your investigative reporting skills, and get creative and think outside the box.
- Are looking for a paid writing position in the Disney entertainment field.
- BONUS: Local to Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida with the ability to attend potential Media Events.
- Evidence you know how to write and love doing it.
- Previous writing experience which demonstrates basic skills and understanding specifically in the realm of digital/new media journalism.
- Ability to choose captivating topics for articles and write from an angle that is informative and drives traffic to our website.
- Ability to constantly adapt said topics and writing style based on analytical performance data.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, exhibit fast turnaround time from story claim to publishing, and perform with grace under pressure in breaking news settings and live events (ex. D23 Expo, TWDC Quarterly Earnings Webcast).
- Excellent communication skills with both your team and the lead-generating community.
- Evidence of pre-established knowledge of the Disney community and your ability to keep up with the latest entertainment and theme park news, being a fan yourself.
- Evidence of WordPress (or other CMS) experience.
- B.A. Degree in Journalism, English, Writing, Marketing, Public Relations, and SEO knowledge is not required but is a plus.
Responsibilities of the role include…
- Writing at least 25 articles per week, every week. Articles are typically 300-600 words in length.
- Writing 30-40 hours per week, including scheduled weekend coverage.
- Keeping up with the latest Disney Parks and news and writing based on the demands of the news cycle.
Pay negotiable based on experience + bonus opportunities.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Introduce yourself in a brief cover letter sharing some information about yourself and why you believe you are a good fit for the role. Please also attach a copy of your resume, at least 2 examples of previous articles, and three article pitches (a 1-5 sentence description of the pitch along with engaging headlines for each) pertaining to Disney Parks or news that we would publish at Disney Fanatic.
In terms of the pitches, get creative. We want to see how you can create your own unique angle that would catch someone’s eye. Look at what has done well for Disney Fanatic in the past, what is trending right now, what are people talking about, and see what news surrounds the subject!