December Disney World guests will enjoy mild temperatures, Christmas decorations, and crowds which vary from light to extremely heavy. Disney parks routinely reach capacity due to holiday guests, particularly at Magic Kingdom. To avoid the holiday crowd, you may want to plan your trip during the first part of the month. But with a little extra planning, you should be able to visit during peak holiday hours and still avoid the long lines!
- Maximum temperatures 70 and 76 degrees Fahrenheit (21 to 25 degrees Celsius)
- Minimum temperatures 48 and 57 °F (9 to 14 °C)
- 75% Average humidity
- Sunny 63% of the month
December Special Events
- Disney Springs – Lego Store Events – The Lego Store offers different events periodically such as Lego Club meetings, building events, and even special offers!
- The Magical Extras Savings Card is included in every Walt Disney World Resort vacation package! It will give you lots of discounts at restaurants, shops, and more!
- Magic Kingdom will open to all guests at 8 am, an hour earlier than the usual 9 am opening time. (Exact dates TBA).
- Magic Kingdom – “A Frozen Holiday Wish” – (dates to TBA) – The show will feature Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf on the Castle Forecourt Stage in the Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom – Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks will be presented (Dates TBA). The Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season fireworks display will take place at 7:30 PM on these nights.
- Candlelight Processional (Epcot) – November 24 – December 30, 2018. Performances at 5:00. 6:45 and 8:00 PM. This is a very popular tradition with the telling of the Christmas Story accompanied by a full orchestra and choir! This event is included in your Epcot admission fee. The performances fill quickly, so make sure you get there early to get a good seat! You can reserve a Candlelight Processional Lunch or Dinner package that gives you a special voucher. This will guarantee you a spot at one of the same-day performances!
This year’s celebrity narrators:
- TBD – November 24 to December 2, 2018
- Neil Patrick Harris – December 3 to 6, 2018
- Whoopi Goldberg – December 7 to 9, 2018
- TBD – December 10 to 12, 2018
- Blair Underwood – December 13 to 14, 2018
- Gary Sinise – December 15 to 17, 2018
- Pat Sajak – December 18 to 20, 2018
- TBD – December 21 to 23, 2018
- Edward James Olmos – December 24 to 25, 2018
- Jodi Benson – December 26 to 27, 2018
- TBD – December 28 to 30, 2018
- Epcot – Holidays Around the World Storytellers – Takes place from November 25 until December 30, 2017. In each of the country pavilions, a storyteller will share about a holiday tradition!
- Epcot – Fountains of Nations Stage Performances: American Music Machine– An a cappela group will be performing holiday songs daily (Dates TBA)
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!”, a new Holiday Nighttime Spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 6 to January 6, 2019. Head to the front of the Chinese Theatre to see it come to life! The show will include music, special effects, projections, and fireworks!
- The Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs– November 8 – January 5, 2019 from noon to 10 PM
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21 of 2018 from 7PM until Midnight. Tickets for this event are sold separately from regular admissions tickets, and you will not be able to use your Park Hopper Ticket or Magic Your Way. Ticket prices vary depending on the date of the event and age of the participants. These parties include special activities, shows, a parade, and special event fireworks!
- Holiday Horse-drawn “Sleigh Rides” at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground – (dates TBA). 25-minute rides will be available for up to four people at a time.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Lights! Camera! New Year’s Eve Fireworks at 12:00 AM (Midnight)
December Crowd Calendar