December Disney World guests will enjoy mild temperatures, Christmas decorations, and crowds which vary from light to extremely heavy. Disney parks routinely reach capacity due to holiday guests, particularly at Magic Kingdom. To avoid the holiday crowd, you may want to plan your trip during the first part of the month. But with a little extra planning, you should be able to visit during peak holiday hours and still avoid the long lines!
- Maximum temperatures 70 and 76 degrees Fahrenheit (21 to 25 degrees Celsius)
- Minimum temperatures 48 and 57 °F (9 to 14 °C)
- 75% Average humidity
- Sunny 63% of the month
December Special Events
- The Magical Extras Savings Card is included in every Walt Disney World Resort vacation package! It will give you lots of discounts at restaurants, shops, and more!
- Magic Kingdom will open to all guests at 8 am, an hour earlier than the usual 9 am opening time. (Exact dates TBA).
- Candlelight Processional (Epcot) – Late November 24 – the end of December. Multiple performances are available throughout the evening. This is a very popular tradition with the telling of the Christmas Story accompanied by a full orchestra and choir! This event is included in your Epcot admission fee. The performances fill quickly, so make sure you get there early to get a good seat! You can reserve a Candlelight Processional Lunch or Dinner package that gives you a special voucher. This will guarantee you a spot at one of the same-day performances!
- Epcot – Holidays Around the World Storytellers – Takes place from late November until the end of December. In each of the country pavilions, a storyteller will share about a holiday tradition!
- Epcot – Fountains of Nations Stage Performances: American Music Machine– An a cappella group will be performing holiday songs daily (Dates TBA)
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!”, a new Holiday Nighttime Spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios early November – early January. Head to the front of the Chinese Theatre to see it come to life! The show will include music, special effects, projections, and fireworks!
- The Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs – Early November -early January from noon to 10 PM
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas PartyecAvailable various nights throughout December from 7PM until Midnight. Tickets for this event are sold separately from regular admissions tickets, and you will not be able to use your Park Hopper Ticket or Magic Your Way. Ticket prices vary depending on the date of the event and age of the participants. These parties include special activities, shows, a parade, and special event fireworks!
- Holiday Horse-drawn “Sleigh Rides” at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground – (dates TBA). 25-minute rides will be available for up to four people at a time.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Lights! Camera! New Year’s Eve Fireworks at 12:00 AM (Midnight)
December Crowd Calendar
The first part of December sees low to moderate crowds then attendance spikes as schools close for Christmas break. In years past, Magic Kingdom will close as the park hits capacity on Christmas Day.