Disneyland Paris is preparing to replace the centerpiece of its daytime entertainment lineup with a brand-new parade at Disneyland Park in 2028. The resort confirmed the production on August 16, saying it will be the park’s first new daytime parade since Disney Stars on Parade debuted in 2017 and will be created specifically for Disneyland Paris.
That “unique to Disneyland Paris” promise is the most interesting part of the announcement. Disney’s global parks increasingly lean on the same blockbuster franchises, but Paris is positioning this parade as its own production rather than importing an existing procession from another resort. It is not an anti-IP parade: Disney has already confirmed several familiar film characters. Still, the creative identity will belong to Paris.

Disneyland Paris Parade Will Become a New Daytime Anchor
Disneyland Paris says the unnamed parade will run daily and become a new “anchor” of Disneyland Park’s daytime entertainment offering. Mickey Mouse and his friends will lead the procession, followed by characters including Genie and Jasmine from Aladdin, Tiana from The Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel from Tangled, and Miguel from Pixar’s Coco.
Disney also promises elegant, state-of-the-art floats, new costumes and original music. Dana Harrel, Vice President Entertainment at Disneyland Paris, said the production is being designed so its stories can connect across generations.
According to Disneyland Paris, the new parade has required more than 10,000 hours of research and technical development, along with nearly 225 sketches covering costumes, wigs and makeup.
This is being built as a recurring signature experience, not a limited seasonal cavalcade.

A 2017 Parade Era Is Approaching Its Endpoint
The announcement also puts a horizon on an entertainment era that began with Disney Stars on Parade in 2017. Disneyland Paris still lists that production as its current afternoon parade, with floats traveling from near “it’s a small world,” past Sleeping Beauty Castle and Central Plaza, and down Main Street, U.S.A.
Disney Stars on Parade has become part of Disneyland Park’s daily rhythm. Inside the Magic previously documented its 2017 float designs as part of a Disneyland Paris shows and parades exhibition, while later coverage tracked changes to the parade’s character lineup.
Disney has not yet announced the final performance date for Disney Stars on Parade. It would therefore be premature to describe the current parade as permanently closed or assign it an ending date. What is confirmed is that a new daytime production takes over the anchor role in 2028.

Paris Is Keeping a Local Creative Identity Inside Familiar Disney Stories
Calling this an “anti-IP rebellion” would overstate what Disney actually announced. Aladdin, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Coco are major corporate franchises, and Mickey remains the face of the production.
The more defensible distinction is creative ownership. Disneyland Paris specifically emphasizes that the parade will be unique to the French resort. That matters at a time when Disney Adventure World, which opened in March, is being built around globally recognizable worlds such as Frozen, Pixar, Marvel, and the future Lion King area.
Inside the Magic’s coverage of Disney Adventure World’s opening showed how the resort’s second gate has shifted toward immersive franchise-based environments. World of Frozen became its headline expansion, while Disney Cascade of Lights established a new nighttime entertainment anchor around Adventure Bay.
Against that backdrop, Disneyland Park’s new parade can use global Disney characters without becoming a copy of an American or Asian park production. The characters are shared; the show itself is being developed for Paris.

Disneyland Paris Is Investing Heavily in Live Entertainment
The 2028 Disneyland Paris parade also fits a broader entertainment buildout across the resort. Disney Adventure World introduced Disney Cascade of Lights in March 2026, and Disneyland Paris added the Disney Princess Cavalcade around Adventure Bay in July.
That cavalcade features Moana, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Raya and operates several times daily, according to Disneyland Paris. It is separate from the full-scale parade planned for Disneyland Park in 2028.
Meanwhile, the resort continues changing its physical and entertainment infrastructure. Inside the Magic has tracked work around Main Street, U.S.A. and Sleeping Beauty Castle, as well as the transformation that turned Walt Disney Studios Park into Disney Adventure World.
The result is a resort increasingly divided into two entertainment identities: a reimagined second gate built around large franchise worlds and an original Disneyland Park still anchored by its castle, lands, parades, and traditional Disney pageantry.

What Disney Still Has Not Revealed About the 2028 Parade
Disney has not publicly announced the new parade’s title, full character roster, number of floats, exact route, runtime, soundtrack details, or debut date beyond 2028. The official announcement provides the year and several creative details but stops short of those specifics.
There is also no confirmed closing date for Disney Stars on Parade. Guests planning trips before 2028 should continue checking Disneyland Paris’ official show and parade schedule rather than assuming the current production has already ended.
More details are likely to define whether this becomes merely another collection of familiar Disney properties or something recognizably Parisian in staging, music, and design. For now, Disney has made one point explicit: after more than a decade without a new daytime parade, Disneyland Park will get a replacement built specifically for Disneyland Paris, with Mickey at the front and a new entertainment era behind him.



