it’s a small world” attraction at Disneyland Park recently celebrated an anniversary on May 28th! What better way to celebrate than bringing a little piece of the attraction right to your home. Family.Disney.com is sharing DIY Flower Pot Stakes that will bring mini versions of these iconic signs into your garden space. Before you begin the DIY project, you can also check out the video below for a ride through of the attraction. Happy crafting Disney fans!
What You’ll Need:
- 4–5-inch wooden cutouts, in circles or hearts
- 12-inch wooden dowels, for the flower stems
- Basswood sheets, thin enough to be cut with scissors
- Acrylic paint, in solid or glitter colors
- Hole punch
- Letter stickers or paint markers (optional)
- Hot glue
How To Make It:
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Paint the wooden cutouts and wooden dowels with a base coat of acrylic paint in colors that match the flower or heart signs from “it’s a small world.” Allow to dry completely.
2. For any shapes that are not found already pre-cut (like petals, leaves, or small dots), the desired shape can be drawn onto thin basswood sheets and cut out with scissors. Small dots can be punched out from the wood sheet using a hole punch.
3. Paint any basswood cutouts with a base coat of the acrylic paint. Allow to dry completely. If more details are needed, use fine-tipped paintbrushes to add details atop the base coat of paint.
4. If using, paint the letter stickers with acrylic paint in colors that match the signs from “it’s a small world.” Paint markers can also be used to write out any script.
5. Add any final paint details with a fine-tipped paintbrush. Hot glue the finished wood pieces together to create mini versions of the iconic flower, heart, or leaf signs.
Notes: All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.