Who’s ready to add a little Disney Magic to the mundane bath time routine! Drop in one of these super cute, Mickey-shaped bath bombs and the kiddos will be ecstatic! Mickey will fizz away while the bath water turns fun colors. Check out this DIY project as shared by Family.Disney.com below. Have a great DIY time Disney fans!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- Red and black food coloring
- Large mixing bowl
- Small glass mixing jar
- Wire whisk
- Mickey-shaped silicone mold
How To Make It:
1. Thoroughly whisk all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. (Baking soda must not have any lumps.) Remove 1 cup of the mixture to use for the second color of the bath bomb.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Mix 1/2 teaspoon witch hazel, 1/2 teaspoon lavender essential oil, and 2-5 drops black food coloring in a small, glass mixing jar.
3. Carefully add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of liquid at a time, whisking with the dry ingredients. Mixture should become the texture of slightly damp sand. Whisk thoroughly to remove all clumps. If the mixture becomes too wet, add more baking soda in small quantities until it’s the right consistency.
4. Pack 4 cavities of the silicone mold halfway with the mixture, making sure to press firmly. (Note: Use a large cookie sheet under the mold to catch any of the ingredients that spill.)
5. To create the second color, repeat steps 2 and 3 using the other half of the dry ingredients reserved from step 1 and red food coloring.
6. Fill the other half of the cavities, packing the red mixture all the way to the top.
7. Let bath bombs dry in mold overnight, then remove and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or cutting board. Allow them to cure for an additional 12-24 hours in a warm, dry place.
8. Have a magical Mickey-filled bath!
Notes: Any bath bombs you plan to use at a later time should be stored in an airtight container.