Bonjour and welcome to France in EPCOT’s World Showcase! I guarantee you’ll feel as if you’ve been transported to that jewel in Europe’s crown as soon as you begin meandering around the shops, restaurants and theater in this delightful little corner of Disney World. We’ve pulled a list together of some of our favorite spots that shouldn’t be missed.
1. Boulangerie Patisserie Les Halles – When it comes to cuisine, the French are renown for their delicacies and when in France at Epcot, you’ll find no better food than the Boulangerie – Patisserie. Situated a bit off the beaten path, you’ll need to meander deeper into the French Quarter to find this gem of a pastry shop. Complete with French pastries and sandwiches of endless variety – you won’t know where to begin your gnoshing.
2. Shopping – whether you visit Guerlain for some glamour products, or browse the shop in the entrance of Boulangerie Patisserie where you can get Disney/French themed keepsakes, there’s a lot to tempt you.
3. Monsieur Paul – Also in France is a glorious sit-down restaurant – Monsieur Paul – where guests experience gourmet cuisine, extraordinary wines and the atmosphere of turn-of-the-century France. It can be a bit pricey at dinner so reserve a lunch sitting instead. Reservations recommended.
4. L’Artisan de Glace – Also in this little corner of the French world at Epcot is L’Artisan de Glace (translation Ice cream and sorbet) where you can indulge your cravings in 16 flavors of hand-crafted frozen heaven placed in a classic waffle cone! If you’re in the mood for a particularly decadent treat, try an ice cream martini served in a martini glass and topped with your choice of liqueurs: Grand Marnier, Clement Rhum from Martinique, and Whipped Cream flavored Epic Vodka!
5. Impressions de France – Check out this 18-minute film featuring the majesty, charm and romance of one of Europe’s most enchanting countries. Escape the Florida heat in this beautifully appointed theater as you enjoy the splendor of France on a 200-degree widescreen view.
6. Les Vins de France – Carrying a variety of the most legendary labels in French wine such as Pommery, Mumm, Chandon, and Georges Duboeuf, knowledgable Disney cast members are happy to help with wine tastings or purchasing a bottle of your favorite vintages. And don’t worry about having to tote your newly-purchased bottle around the park. The staff can have it transported to the gate for you to retrieve on your way our of the park.
7. Disney Princess Visits – Belle, my favorite Disney princess is available for a hug, photo, chat and autograph in France. Check your “Times Guide” for visitation times.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >