Halloween is one of the most fun holidays of the year, and Walt Disney World makes it even more magical. Read below about 5 of the Haunts and Howls your family will love!
5. Decorations Galore! Starting in the fall the Magic Kingdom transforms into an autumn, Halloween themed land. Did you know that it takes over 700 hours for the park to become fully transformed? There are also over 100 Mickey pumpkins all throughout the park. The ambience of the Magic Kingdom becomes a fall wonderland. All of the fall decorations are hand made!
4. Limited Edition Merchandise: During the Halloween season Disney stores are full of limited edition merchandise. Some special merchandise includes shirts, collectives, décor and pins. There are also special limited edition items available only to annual pass holders.
3. Halloween Dining: Many of the restaurants at Magic Kingdom have fall themed menus during the fall and Halloween seasons. The sweet shops also have specialty themed treats, such as themed candy apples, cupcakes, cookies and more!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Haunted Mansion and Memento Mori: Haunted Mansion is a classic Magic Kingdom attraction that takes you inside a wonderfully spooky house on a doom buggy. This ride is a must during all times of the year but even more during the fall and Halloween season. Did you know that there is a store outside of the Haunted Mansion called Memento Mori? This store is filled with Haunted Mansion themed items, hitchhiking ghosts and other spooky merchandise. One of the most haunting is the haunted photo booth. This is where you can have your portrait taken and when you look at it a certain way it turns you into a ghost! We definitely recommend taking the time to walk through this shop.
1. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party starts in September and runs up until October. This party is a separate ticket, even for annual pass holders. While it is an extra cost it is definitely worth the money. All of the decorations around the Magic Kingdom come to life at night. This is one of the events where you are allowed to wear full costumes (no masks) at the park. Guests in costumes in the park make the evening in more magical. There is also unlimited trick or treating for guests of all ages! While the official party kick off time is 6 p.m. guests with Halloween party tickets can get in as early as 4 p.m. There are a limited number of tickets sold per night so we would recommend buying tickets as soon as you can, they do sell out on certain nights. The Boo to You Halloween parade is a one of a kind spooky spectacular that runs through the whole kingdom. This parade is not to be missed; it showcases many Disney characters that we do not get to see every day of the year. In addition to the parade there is the Happy HalloWishes show. This show is full of your favorite Disney villains and spectacular fireworks. Many of your favorite characters make appearances throughout the night to pose for pictures and autographs too.
Halloween is a magical time at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party is a spooktacular time for families and friends of any age.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!