Have some bouncy trouncy flouncy pouncy, fun fun fun with these Tiggerific treats from Family.Disney.com! Your kiddos will love these adorably fluffy Tigger Cupcake Cones. Happy baking, Disney fans!
Tigger Cupcake Cones
- EGG YOLK BATTER:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup cake flour
- Orange, yellow, and pink food coloring
- EGG WHITE MERINGUE:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 Tsp cream of tartar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- Dome molds
- Zip-top bag
- Melted milk and white chocolate
- Ice cream cones
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Prepare egg yolk batter by whisking the egg yolks and sugar together until the sugar melts. Then add in vanilla extract, oil, milk, and salt. Mix well. Sift in cake flour and mix well.
2. Then prepare egg white meringue by whisking the egg whites with cream of tartar for 1 minute, then gradually pour in sugar and continue to whisk until firm peaks form.
3. Scoop out 5 teaspoon of egg yolk batter and 10 tablespoons of egg white meringue. Gently fold them together.
4. Scoop out 2 teaspoons of egg yolk batter, then add yellow food coloring and 4 tablespoons of egg white meringue. Gently fold them together.
5. Scoop out 2 teaspoons of egg yolk batter, then add pink food coloring and 4 tablespoons of egg white meringue. Gently fold them together.
6. Add orange food coloring to the remaining egg yolk batter. Gently fold in the remaining meringue.
7. Scoop batter into dome molds (they should be a little bigger than the ice cream cone opening).
8. Bake at 300° F for 15 minutes, or when a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cakes cool down completely before removing them from the mold.
10. To make Tigger’s ears, use a knife to cut the orange and yellow cake into slices. Then use a pair of scissors to cut out his ears. Use a knife to make cuts where the ears should be, then dip the ends with a little icing before inserting in.
11. Use white cake to cut out Tigger’s face and pink cake to cut out Tigger’s nose. Use icing to attach onto the cake.
12. Use melted milk chocolate to draw Tigger’s features. Place the chocolate in a zip-top bag, cut a small hole, pipe on parchment paper, leave in fridge to harden, and then peel off. (You can also pipe directly onto the cake but it will be messier.) Use icing to attach onto the cake.
13. Coat rim of ice cream cone with melted chocolate before coating with sprinkles. Place cake in cone and serve immediately.