Main Street, USA can often be seen as little more than a thoroughfare when some guests visit the Magic Kingdom. But there is actually so much going on in this charming land, that you could legitimately spend an entire day in this area alone. Check out these 20 amazing Main Street experiences:
20. Meet Mickey (and others) – The Main Mouse himself is located at Town Square Theater. He’s dressed in magician’s attire here, and he’s the ONLY Mickey that talks to you! The wait is long, but Fast Pass is available. Tink is ready to greet you in the theater too, and there is usually a character outside by the flag as well (Stitch, Pluto, Marie or others).
19. Trolley Show – These citizens of Main Street are dressed to the nines and ready to welcome you with a lively street performance via the trolley. You can only see them at select times in the morning, so plan accordingly.
18. The Chapeau – This Main Street hot spot is THE place for noggin’s needs. Pick from the most extensive variety of Mickey Ears (with available personalized embroidery) as well as other Disney hats.
17. Main Street Vehicles – Did you know that anyone can take a cruise in the classic cars on Main Street? Ride in style for a very limited time first thing in the morning; the pick up spot is near City Hall.
16. Main Street Bakery – The bakery is a perfect stop for a mid-morning treat, featuring Starbucks coffee and various Disney pastries.
15. Main Street Philharmonic – Disney tunes are pleasantly mixed with other classic big band music in proper marching band form. Performances can be seen a handful of times in the afternoon.
14. Crystal Arts – Watch the beauty and precision of blown-glass artists in action, and take home a delicate keepsake.
13. Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – Make a stop at this sweet shop that carries every kind of sundae you could imagine—including the kitchen sink!
12. Haircuts – Get a modern look in an old-fashioned place—Harmony Barber Shop. Though this Main Street classic is popular for babies’ first hair cuts, anyone can be a patron. Pixie dust included.
11. Flag Retreat – Watch this patriotic tribute to our service men and women as the flag is taken down each evening. The presentation includes the Philharmonic band and an honored military guest.
10. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – Start saving the kingdom from villains when you sign up to play this awesome portal scavenger hunt game in the Firehouse. Don’t miss it!
9. Citizens of Main Street – Feel the entire immersive experience as you mingle with these boisterous townsfolk. Sometimes they’ll break out in song!
8. Uptown Jewelers – If you’re in the market for luxe Disney goods, be sure to stop in here. Uptown Jewelers features Pandora and other jewelry, as well as designer handbags and exclusive art pieces.
7. Souvenir Shopping – Or if you’re in the market for a more mainstream souvenir, there are several shops along Main Street that fit the bill. You could browse for hours among the options of clothing, plushes, home goods, books, art, and trinkets you’ll find displayed.
6. The Dapper Dans – A classic barbershop quartet comes to perform nearly every hour on Main Street, from morning through afternoon. Dancing and comedy included.
5. The Plaza Restaurant – The Plaza is a delightful venue serving comfort food for lunch and dinner. It gets overlooked sometimes in favor of the big-name princess places, which can work in your favor if you don’t have a reservation.
4. Caricatures – Have a real Disney artist recreate your likeness. There are several cartoonists ready to sketch your family in the alley beside Uptown Jewelers.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. Casey’s Corner & Pianist – Grab a hot dog and watch his fingers fly! The pianist outside Casey’s is superb and he’s even known to take requests.
2. Tony’s Town Square Restaurant – If you’ve got a taste for Italian and a soft spot for Lady and the Tramp, this is your place. Reservations are recommended.
1. Electrical Parade – When the sun goes down the lights come out. The Electrical Parade is a twinkling star-studded extravaganza full of magic and whimsy. It’s a great way to start the nighttime entertainment lineup.
There you have it – 20 extraordinary things to do on Main Street. And guess what? That’s not even all that Main Street has to offer! What’s your favorite Main Street pastime?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: