No matter where you go on vacation, you want to capture your memories in pictures. Days, months and even years later, you can enjoy your pictures all over again. Now, with the addition of social media, you can share your vacation photos immediately with family and friends. However, someone has to take your pictures, so inevitably, one family member is left out of the shot. New at Walt Disney World is Memory Maker, where professional Disney photographers will take your family pictures for you, so your entire family can say “Cheese!” Imagine your family photo with Cinderella’s Castle in the background! Here are 6 reasons Disney’s Memory Maker is worth the cost.
6) Unlimited photos – Memory Maker is $169 when you buy in advance, compared to the regular price of $199 sold at select merchandise locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. For that, you get unlimited photo opportunities at literally dozens of locations around Disney World. Photographers are all around the theme parks, waterparks, resorts and character dining locations, ready to capture your memories. Take as many as you want, every day of your vacation. When you get home, you can access all your photos at www.mydisneyphotopass.com
5) Attraction photos are included! You know how at the end of great thrill rides like Splash Mountain, Rock-n-Roller Coaster and Dinosaur, you can see the hilarious looks on your family’s faces as their photos were taken during the ride, but you hate to spend the money for all of those photos? With Memory Maker, attraction photos are included! Now you can take that photo of your spouse, just before the big drop on Tower of Terror, and make it your computer background!
4) Professional quality photos – You can leave your expensive, bulky camera, with all its accessories, at home. Let Disney do the work for you! The Photopass (Memory Maker) photographers are professionals and will take top-quality pictures of your family. When you get home, you can add borders and captions to your pictures, to enhance the memories.
3) Magic Shots – Disney Characters and other fun surprises can be magically added to your photos after they’re taken. Your Disney PhotoPass photographer will help set up the right poses and make it happen with some favorite familiar faces—just ask! With Magic Shots, Tinkerbell or Stitch will magically appear in your photo! Want to see exactly what a Magic Shot looks like? Check out this video.
2) Convenience – Your vacation photos are stored on your Magic Band (if you are staying at a Disney resort) or a convenient Photopass card. At each picture location, simply present your Magic Band (or card) to the Disney photographer, and your photos are automatically saved!
1) Connect with family and friends – If you set up a free account on www.mydisneyexperience.com, you can add friends and family to your account. If there are additional people on your My Disney Experience account under Friends and Family that also want photos, they can add any PhotoPass card numbers to your account and you will receive all of their photos as well. This works great if you are traveling with a large group, or if you have older children who can tour the parks on their own.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!