Who’s ready for a super easy, gotta try it recipe?! Look no further! These Mickey Rice Crispy Ice Cream Sandwiches are fun to make and delicious to taste. Plus, anything shaped like Mickey Mouse is undeniably all the better for some reason! Family.Disney.com’s recipe will have your family and friends gathering around for this sweet treat. Check it out below!
Mickey Rice Crispy Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ingredients: (serves 7)
- 1 (10-Oz.) bag mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsps butter
- 6 Cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 Gallon vanilla ice cream
- 9 x 13” baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mickey cookie cutter (like this one)
Helpful Tip: The best cookie cutter to use for this recipe is one with a rounded plastic top, which provides your hands with a better grip when cutting through the ice cream. If you don’t have one, cut the treats then add ice cream in-between them to form sandwiches.
1. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in-between each, until the marshmallows are fully melted. Mix in the cereal and stir until evenly coated with marshmallow cream.
3. Divide the mixture in half. Press half evenly to form a thin layer on the lined baking pan. Remove it and line the pan again with parchment. Press the remaining mixture into a thin layer on the pan.
4. Spread a thick layer of ice cream over the mixture in the pan. Place the second cereal layer on top. Freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
5. Use a Mickey cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the sandwiches. (You may need to soak the cutter in hot water to make cutting easier.)
6. Roll the sandwiches in sprinkles and enjoy!