Vacation is family time and there’s no better place to experience quality family time than at Disney. Here are 8 of our favorite activities for families at Disney World.
7. Character Dining – schedule a meal in the parks or at one of Disney’s resorts where your family can enjoy delicious food while lovable disney characters stop by and visit. You’ll enjoy the looks of joy when your kids turn around and see Mickey, Donald or a Disney Princess. Even if your kids are all grown up or if your party only includes adults, the great characters at these amazing meals will bring out the kid in everyone at your table.
6. Enjoy a few rides together – Get soaked on Kali River Rapids, take a trip through Africa on Kilimanjaro Safari Rides, climb aboard a few scallop shells with the Journey of the little Mermaid. Whatever attractions you choose, do a few of them together and enjoy the ride! If your ride has a photo-op, spring for the print and you’ll have a wonderful keepsake of the moment.
5. Visit Fantasia Gardens – Did you know Disney World has miniature golf? Your family will have a blast navigating their way through 5 whimsical scenes from Fantasia featuring tutu-clad hippos, marching broomsticks and pirouetting ostriches! Everyone will love this outing no matter their age!
4. Spend an afternoon at the pool – A Disney trip can be exhausting especially when you’re trying to cram in as much park time as possible. Do yourself and your family a favor and spend some time relaxing at your hotel pool one afternoon. You’ll get a much needed break from the activities at the parks and some wonderful bonding time as you enjoy the Florida sun and a swim in the beautiful pool at your resort!
3. Participate in KIDCOT – Kids can collect stamps and create a personalized souvenir at any or all 11 of World Showcase craft stations around EPCOT. Take a few minutes at each of the countries at EPCOT and work with your kids on their souvenirs. They’ll learn a little something about each of the countries they visit and you’ll be part of the experience.
2. Chat while in line – One inevitable part of your experience at Disney is having to stand in line. Instead of dreading these moments, turn your attention to the others in your party and talk. So much of our time these days is spent watching TV, checking email and facebook, playing video games, etc… Make the most of these moments to talk to each other, ask questions, have a conversation. Life goes by so fast and vacations allow us to rediscover the ones we love.
1. Take in a nighttime show – Enjoying ‘Wishes’ at Magic Kingdom or ‘IllumiNations’ at EPCOT are a great way close out a day at the parks by enjoying the lights, music and action of a Disney World evening spectacular. Add even more ‘togetherness’ to these experiences by watching the show from a restaurant at EPCOT or the dessert reception at Magic Kingdom. You’ll avoid the press of the crowds and have premium viewing of the festivities!
Disney is all about making memories and sharing moments together with loved ones. So, on your next vacation, purpose that you’ll focus all your attention on your family now that you’re free of your everyday responsibilities. Whatever activities you choose, be in the moment, take lots of pictures and enjoy!